Further Half-Life 2: Episode 4 Images Found

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score

We thought not much more info would materialise for the long cancelled Half-Life Episode 4 or Return to Ravenholm as it was also known. However, we've been sent more examples of content produced for the game by Arkane Studios.

It's interesting to see that Arkane intended to put their own stamp on Half-life with many of their own original assets. Work such as this also gives us some clues to where they intended to take the spin-off. If you're curious then check out our ValveTime Spotlight video as we dissect the images below!

04_vt-jpg.24205

01_vt-jpg.24204

View the full album below or for the avid Half-life fans, watch our full Spotlight Content Analysis video above.

05_VT.jpg 06_VT.jpg 07_VT.jpg
02_VT.jpg 03_VT.jpg 08_VT.jpg

Attachments

• 01_VT.jpg
    01_VT.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 26,854
  • 04_VT.jpg
    04_VT.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 27,100
  • slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 10,479
Awesome stuff, painful to know we will never play with it

We probably have more information on Episode Four than we do Three. How appalling.

This one here is pretty cool, would make a good gmod vehicle.
01_VT_K72.jpg

This one here is pretty cool, would make a good gmod vehicle.
01_VT_K72.jpg

I can tell you put a lot of effort into finding that image, Krynn. I'm impressed.

I find your watermarking skills to be tasteless. I can't even see the truck!

That's more to do with sight than taste, methinks. You blind, sir? Maybe the helmet is obscuring your vision.

That's more to do with sight than taste, methinks. You blind, sir? Maybe the helmet is obscuring your vision.

I find that offensive. As you can see from my image, I have actually raised the helmet slightly...for once.

So much obsession with anything that relates to Half-Life stuff.

Nice findings, although these could be for any post-apocalyptic game; most of these would fit Fallout as much as Half-Life 2.
I'm not doubting that these are genuine findings, mind you. They just don't tell us that much about what Return to Ravenholm would be like, which is a shame.

Episode Three is gonna take so long that Episode Four will be out before it.

Working title mainly, but was to take place outside the main story arc of the planned trilogy of episodes

Back