Ín with the new, out with the old

zool

Reaction score
Ok, So I just ordered the stuff for my new puter.

1x ASP4C800EDLX (ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe i875P 4DDR-DIMM 5PCI Audio SATA RAID GB-LAN FireWire Socket478 ATX)

1x P4S478N8-24R (Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4GHz -C Hyperthreading 512Kb 800MHz Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket 478)

1x 1024TWXCA500B (Corsair TWINX1024-4000 1024Mb (2x512Mb) DDR PC4000 CAS2 500Mhz with Black Heatsink (AMD OK))

2x SGB7-160-8 (Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3160023A 160Gb 7200rpm Special Edition (8Mb cache!) UDMA100 IDE)

1x CREAUD2B (Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2 Bulk PCI)

1x SAPRAD98PRO (Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb DDR TV-out DVI Retail AGP)

1x PLPX708A (Plextor PX-708A 8x/4x/12x DVD+R/RW & 4x/2x/12x DVD-R/RW bulk internal IDE)

So I guess I'll be broke for a couple of months.. Hope this f ucking thing is worth it.

I am sure it will be worth it, seeing the specs you shouldn't bother for another upgrade in at least 1 year and a half maybe two. You could also OC the cpu since it's C version.

Can I ask how much you paid for this? with limbs? or with your soul? lol :)

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
I am sure it will be worth it, seeing the specs you shouldn't bother for another upgrade in at least 1 year and a half maybe two. You could also OC the cpu since it's C version.

Can I ask how much you paid for this? with limbs? or with your soul? lol :)

I'm rich! :p

Nah, It'll probably take me like 3 months to pay this shit off.

I bought some extra stuff for my water cooling as well, from the same shop.. But all and all it came to about ~$2380.. You have to understand that the prices are a bit higher here in Europe ;(.

Very sexy zool. What kinda case? LOL. :p

I feel your pain, I live in France: prices are very high there too.

For example the Hercules Ati Radeon 9800 pro 128 cost 400 euros :(

Originally posted by guinny
Very sexy zool. What kinda case? LOL. :p

Hehe, guinny.. Not the "X-Superalien" I'm afraid :cheese:. I'm using a Lian-Li PC-70 modded with water cooling from Innovatek. I'll put up some pics as soon as I get a digital camera.

Just tested OC'ing my ti4200 to 300Mhz core and 520Mhz mem... Very nice indeed. But when I turned up the core clock to 330 the system hanged as soon as I started an application.. The temperature was fine, I think I need to up the voltage on my AGP slot.

EDIT: I get like 10fps more when OC'ed (q3 1.11 @ 1600*1200 32bit all in High quality).. I'm sure I would get a bigger improvement in less resolution.

How do you up the voltage on the AGP slot. I've been trying to do it. Dunno how. I've got an ASUS P4P800. It doesn't say anything in BIOS.

Hey i was wondering when you guys ordered your disc drives, did the dvdrom or cdrw or whatever come with thier own ide connectors? Mine didnt, i think i got 3 with the mobo though....

EDIT- guinny i dont know about you but my 9800pro came with a special cable attatched that can be connect directly to the psu.

Ok, so I tried a couple of resolutions in OC'ed and standard settings. These were my results(all are made in 32bit mode with highest detail):

1024*768 - I got like 2fps more.

1280*1024 - I got about 5fps more (this is where the extra clock rates start to show).

1600*1200 - As I said earlier I get like 10fps more.

2048*1536 - Same here, maybe 10,2fps more.

Doesn't really seem to be worth the effort in resolutions 1024*768 and lower. But in 1280, the extra fps can be pretty sweet. I play in 1600*1200 myself so I think I'll keep it at 300/520.. Or at least up it every time I play.

I used PowerStrip 3.30 for this, great program... You can OC and turn it back to default settings whenever without reboot.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
Hey i was wondering when you guys ordered your disc drives, did the dvdrom or cdrw or whatever come with thier own ide connectors? Mine didnt, i think i got 3 with the mobo though....

EDIT- guinny i dont know about you but my 9800pro came with a special cable attatched that can be connect directly to the psu.
Nah, you don't get that kind of stuff with cd- and dvd-roms.

alright...i assume it all comes with the mobo then.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
alright...i assume it all comes with the mobo then.
Yes mostly... You have to buy them separate if you want extras, or if your unfortunate enough to not get any with the mobo, you have to buy them separate anyway.

I got a pair of rounded ATA133 IDE "High Quality Copper shielded".. They looked pretty sweet :p, so that's what I bought. And they are really not that expensive either.

Back