1 month until it's shipped? Hmmm...

S

sumoafro

So, we have the official gold announcement and the release date ends up being Nov. 16th? That's almost a whole MONTH away! Doom3 went gold and was on store shelves just about 2 weeks later.

Is Vivendi for real? Are the 4 weeks needed to compensate for the worldwide release?

I wonder if Vivendi doesn't have something else going on here. Think about it...the gold announcement is made 1 month before the scheduled ship date...of (probably) the most anticipate PC game of all time. This game carries alot of weight! Why would Vivendi ship the game so far (certainly feels that way) off after going gold?

I think that perhaps Vivendi is actually planning on releasing the game earlier than 11/16...at a lame attempt to get back at VALVe for busting out Steam. Tell everybody it's a month away...and then BAM! It's out 2 weeks later.

There's a conspiracy in everything...or maybe that's just optimism.

I know. I thought a month was too long to wait. :(

lets just be happy it wasnt any longer than that :) November 26th looks worse than November 16th :) But yeah i agree it would have been great had it been released november 1-3 for example. Also I dont think Vu is trying to do this just to get back at valve, when the original hl was released it came out during thanksgiving.

Normal time... :) Don't worry :)

Oh and ATVI probably has better, faster machiens because they aren't in debt of millions of dollars!!! Hopefully with the money they make from HL2 they can upgrade their machines so then it will only take 2-3 weeks :)

The situation could have been 10 times worse. Vivendi could have delayed for 6 months like they did with Condition-Zero etc.

Thank god we finally have a set date. A point of reference. Direction. Something solid to look forward to.

It's the first time in a long time.

i dont care...its coming out :bounce:

haha so many people have it on their signature that its gold :LOL: thats cool, im so happy

i think because its THE most inticipated game and with a world wide destribution that they "playing it safe" to make sure copies get shipped to every corner on the face of this planet.

a month wait is a bummer but a few more grey hairs wount make much of a difference

and theyre gonna have to print a LOT of cd's , i guess.

My avatar is gold!

Well they are trying to make simultaneous releases everywhere.

Don't worry man it's gonna be really good.

I've heard people saying how Doom 3 got a really good review and still sucked really really bad. The thing that cheers me up is that PC Gamer US was the only one that got the review, and not a whole bunch of other magazines, so PC Gamer US was kinda pushed to give it a good score.

Half-Life 2 was reviewed by lots of different game magazines and they all said it was ****ING AWESOME!!!

So don't worry, this one month will go by so fast you won't even care, and then there will be that magical moment when all the files are on your computer, and you double click hl2.exe and your screen slowly fades to black...

ZeroCoolX said:
Well they are trying to make simultaneous releases everywhere.

Yup. When you consider Valve/VUG are releasing the game in roughly around ten different languages all over the world on the same day, then you have to acknowledge it's a pretty amazing localisation effort.

A month will fly by in no time. It only felt a few days ago that everyone was celebrating Gabe's confirmation of the release candidate being sent off. :)

Think of the day when everyone is going to be checking steam if Valve has updated and unlocked hl2, can you imagine the posts ?

Did they unlock it yet ?

No, not yet :(

Damn this is taking too long

Any minute now

OMG ITS UNLOCKING

~~silence~~

Back