1$ short of playing Half Life 1 (LOL)

gordanboy1

Reaction score
I never played HL of 1998 & thought its about time to experience it, so I went to purchase it digitally off valve. But it rejected my visa card.:cheese:

1$ short:p So have to wait to tommoz to play it.....

I cant wait....

If you'd purchased it on the 10th anniversary of HL you would have been able to buy it for 98 cents, seems you've missed out!

yeah I heard about that, oh well.

I would have preferred to buy the shiny new box set rather then download it, but seems they don't sell anymore.

Be wary, at least if you live in Europe. I've heard that some people in Europe (outside of Germany) have gotten the Germany's censored version that transforms humans to robots and removes all blood from the game(also prevents scientists from getting killed). Yeah, the game is only 98 cents, but I wouldn't want to tarnish the Half-Life 1 experience by getting a bs cencored copy.

Just a heads-up.

Ah well, woops, missed the fact that the offer isn't on anymore. Anyway, you should probably wait until Black Mesa: Source so you'll experience Half-Life with all the glory of the Orange Box engine for the first time and aren't spoilered by the 1998 version.

Wait for 20th anniversary.

I buyed it on 98cent day :D was happy cuz i now own a legit copy of half life 1 :D

I just downloaded it before (700+MB) @ 1.2mb/s ahahhaha.

now im off to play....

sadly the game keeps crashing on me just before I get the HEV suit.

this is the error i get:

"SV_Startsound: volume = 318"

any help is needed, as i cant play the game. :((((

i just turned down some of the audio volumes & its working great...

Congrats on getting HL1!

The first playthrough is a great experience

everyone always says that but how do you do it?
Right hand click the game, properties, local files and then it's one of the buttons there.

Extremely useful feature, maybe the best feature Steam has.

Oooooh I'm gonna try
:|

EDIT: where? it takes me to: local disk/program files/steam
its just a bunch of files :hmph: and verify cache is nowhere to be seen :|

Right hand click the game, properties, local files and then it's one of the buttons there.

Extremely useful feature, maybe the best feature Steam has.

This has recently helped me when Ep 1 stopped working. It's definitely the best piece of advice I'd give.

EDIT: where? it takes me to: local disk/program files/steam
its just a bunch of files :hmph: and verify cache is nowhere to be seen :|
Huh? You are right hand clicking the game in Steam?

Reflex i think Operational has explained you very good, about verifying the game cache.

vgcfrb9.gif

Yes i Know someone already helped me. :p
But thanks anyway :D

I don't think it would make that much difference.
The main reason for it is for fixing bugs.
Defragmenting on the other hand may help performance.

i got my Half Life 1 game on the anniversery (i think i misspelled it) and it only cost me 98 cents.
by the way its a great game :)

I'm just waiting for BM, I can't deal with the bad graphics of HL.

Not bad graphics, outdated. At the time the Graphics were excellent.

I've got a copy for the ps2, the re-release I assume, it's a pity my ps2 is about 5 years old and often cant read a disk to save its life

Back