$10, 1GB memory.

Why is it so cheap, even at regular price?

Do I have to have a special motherboard configuration to use PC5400 DDR2 at 667MHZ?

My current memory is pc3200 DDR 400mhz I think.

I wonder if I should just save up to get Corsair $60 1gb sticks from newegg.

I absolutely abhor rebates.

Do I have to have a special motherboard configuration to use PC5400 DDR2 at 667MHZ?

My current memory is pc3200 DDR 400mhz I think.

I wonder if I should just save up to get Corsair $60 1gb sticks from newegg.

I absolutely abhor rebates.
You gotta find out what type of RAM your mobo supports. That info is in the manual or the companys website. I think they are trying to get rid of all DDR2 RAM and go for DDR3 in their shelves.

My dad is looking at some Kensington DDR2 memory (2x512mb) on newegg for $26, regular price. Cheap 2gb sticks go for about $45-50.

Hey, can anyone tell how much pins a GeForce FX 5600 has, and how much pins this card has?? Please!?! If it's not 240, I'll be pissed.

Hey, can anyone tell how much pins a GeForce FX 5600 has, and how much pins this card has?? Please!?! If it's not 240, I'll be pissed.

uh please tell me your kidding.....

video cards dont differ by pins; they differ by the slot type(pci,agp,pci-e)

I know nothing of this computer business.

Will those sticks fit into my pretty-maker? (AGP)

I know nothing of this computer business.

Will those sticks fit into my pretty-maker? (AGP)

this thread is about system memory not video memory

no offense but this is like de ja vu from the tech support thread i made

EDIT: wow I'm dumb.

I just want to know a simple thing: Will those sticks go into an AGP? (I don't know if that's a correct question, but from what I am told by you, it seems to be?)

EDIT2: If you still can't answer, ask me what you need to know about my computer to see if those fit, please.

The video chip and video memory come as 1 package called a video card. Memory cannot be added or removed. It doesn't matter what type is on the card either. Just plug the card in the correct slot and it works. Want faster memory or more memory on the video card? Upgrade to a better video card. :)

I.. Don't understand.. So if you want more memory you need a new card? People on these forums are always telling me 'JUST BUY MEMORY, IT'S CHEAP NOW!'.. What's up with that?

I.. Don't understand.. So if you want more memory you need a new card? People on these forums are always telling me 'JUST BUY MEMORY, IT'S CHEAP NOW!'.. What's up with that?

they mean system memory. there are 2 types of memory in a computer. 1 being system memory which other people said you can upgrade by easily removing it from the slot and putting a larger or faster stick in. with video memory like asus said is mounted to the card itself and cant be changed or upgraded at all unless your purchase a new upgraded video card.

oooohhhh.. So this thread is pretty much useless to me unless I get a new card?

Two last question (seriously): Does the pin number matter for system memory, then? Also - Would it be the same having 2GB video memory as having 2GB system memory? If not what'd be better for gaming (I could probably guess..)

EDIT: Sorry to hijack thread.

The two are not the same. Video memory is less important since it just holds images used by the game or desktop. 256mb or 512mb is good for today.
System memory holds EVERYTHING else the PC is doing at that moment. Start up Steam+game? It gets loaded into system memory. 1GB system memory is fine although more than 1gb is preferred by most people who play games or a lot of stuff on their PC.

Dog, you need to cut off the excess unnecessary pins on the hardware. After you do that please take a pic of it and upload it here. Where was that similar case somebody did that to make it fit? It was an expensive vid card too. :D

Dog, you need to cut off the excess unnecessary pins on the hardware. After you do that please take a pic of it and upload it here. Where was that similar case somebody did that to make it fit? It was an expensive vid card too. :D

the 7800gtx photoshop? ah a classic.

Back