102 MINUTES THAT CHANGED THE WORLD

Reaction score
Just watched on History Channel.

No dialogue no interviews NO NARRATION.

Just PURE handheld video footage and radio chatter from the event. No externel input whatsoever. Unedited and uncensored.

It goes exactly minute to minute as it happens because there is so much footage they were able to string it together to show the entire attack nonstop through the finish.

Like I said- its exactly as it happened from start to finish, no breaks and no skipping in the footage- you see from pure beginning to end. Watching this is exactly like watching it unfold on the day it happened.. I figure it's probably as close as you can be without having been there. Editors who put this together did such an amazing piece of work no joke.

Watch both of them nonstop to see what I mean- it's not a 'documentary' nor is it pushing any slant. It's as objective as 100% possible it's PURELY real footage. Only the very very beginning with that guy is the only part with any talking over.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2947888180526230130#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3694706480383919917#

interesting. i was at a beach camp with the rest of my 6th grade class on september 11th, so we didn't find out about it until we got back to school on september 13th. i hadn't even moved from taiwan to USA until two years later.

Very well made, the hardest part to watch was the conversation with the firemen inside the towers, right before the first one collapsed.

i find this such a surreal event to watch, esp. considering as someone that lives in the UK, and was young at the time, i didn't really fully comprehend the event until a few years later and even to this day i've never felt compelled to watch any footage of it because i know matter of factly what happened and how terrifying it is, but when i watch it now after viewing so many disaster films, movies like cloverfield and events of terror in drama and video games, it does feel like i'm watching a movie. it's just... crazy, i dunno. i don't want it feel that way as it's so much more serious and obviously real than that - i mean this is genuine shock and terror on peoples faces, this is what scary looks like from people who were there, not just some acting - but it's evident that this sort of feeling has tried to be replicated in the last few years in entertainment and there's something particually gutchurning about it all when i see all of this.

Its really some horrifying stuff. This was a call from someone trapped in the first tower, and you hear the call get cut off as the tower collapses. I heard this when it was first released, and it really hit me hard. Hearing him scream in absolute horror as he realizes the tower is collapsing, and getting cut off a split second later is absolutely haunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLW0jKKRXMo

Yeah, even though I was young I remember the day clearly. My elementary school class celebrated Emporius' birthday, then our teacher informed us of what happened. I remember being terrified because my Dad had been on a plane to Washington that very day...

The History Channel had an entire marathon on just 9/11, which I watched a little bit of. The phone calls of desperation, despair, and fear were depressing to listen to. They even showed footage of people jumping from the hundredth floor or so to escape the flames. Quite a tragedy.

I was a freshman in high school. I think I had just gotten out of art class. Went to World Geography. TV was on.

Like knut said, it's pretty surreal (now and back then), and yes cloverfield comes to mind (oddly cloverfield's shaky-cam is way more shaky than actual amateur video). I think people mentioned that cloverfield reminded them of 9/11 videos.

I remember seeing the zoomed out helicopter shots, and the second plane hit on live news feed. I don't think I'd ever seen the footage from the ground of the smoke and ash engulfing people after the collapse. Looks absolutely horrifying. Especially that one where the camera falls and all you see is orange and smoke, and no indication is given whether the person got up after that. :(

Watch both of them nonstop to see what I mean- it's not a 'documentary' nor is it pushing any slant. It's as objective as 100% possible it's PURELY real footage.
Oh shit really? I didn't know there was an ominous soundtrack that played everywhere in New York state when this happened, complete with cinematic booms and creepy ambient synths.

Also the fact that you subconsciously changed the word 'America' to 'World' in the title speaks to how objectively you, as an American, view this.

Oh shit really? I didn't know there was an ominous soundtrack that played everywhere in New York state when this happened, complete with cinematic booms and creepy ambient synths.

Also the fact that you subconsciously changed the word 'America' to 'World' in the title speaks to how objectively you, as an American, view this.

The ominous ambient sounds irritated me too (I didn't notice any "cinematic booms"), but that doesn't at all detract from the reality of the footage. It's still horrible. Anyone in their right mind can acknowledge that.

This event changed the world, not just America.

And thanks for posting Rakurai, gripping stuff.

Yeah, I noticed this too. I felt the soundtrack was a detriment to the footage, and lol'd a bit at Rakurai's unconscious word-substitution. Though, like Shaker said, it didn't just change America.

Yeah I remember there was a bomb threat at a bar two doors down from the exit from my school grounds on that day, then went home to see on TV that a plane had crashed into the WTC. Terrorist-tastic.

This event changed the world, not just America.

And thanks for posting Rakurai, gripping stuff.
Apart from a little more hassle at the airport and some semi-annual anti-war demonstrations, I can't see how it has changed my world very much.

I first heard about it while in my freshman biology class. Someone popped their head through the door and said a plane had just flown into the World Trade Center and that it was a terrorist attack. Our teacher was speechless and she told us to just do some busy work, and I saw her trembling as she went out of the room. I never really though about it, but maybe she had someone close in there. Man, I can't believe I never thought of this before. Shortly after the attack, she stopped showing up to class, and for three weeks straight we had a substitute teacher until they replaced her for the rest of the year. The rumor was she had a mental breakdown of some sort, and I just now realized that it might have been because she lost someone in the attack.

I didn't even know what the world trade center was at the time. As people talked about it I thought it was just some kind of like, open market district or something. Then the bell rang and I went to my next class which was US Government, and we watched the towers burning on the news. I don't recall seeing a second plane hit, so it might have happened before the class change. But I didn't see them collapse either, because once reports started coming in that people were jumping out the windows, my teacher turned it off. The rest of the day went on as normally as the staff could make it, and I was so confused as to what was happening that I rushed home, skipping football practice to watch the news.

^I know it sounds rather mean, but I was eleven at the time, in 6th grade, and I distinctly remember not caring a ton or understanding why people were constantly talking about it weeks later. A couple years later it sunk into me, and these days I really understand. It's just weird how we perceive things as kids, or maybe I was just a little shit who didn't know how to empathize at the time.

Apart from a little more hassle at the airport and some semi-annual anti-war demonstrations, I can't see how it has changed my world very much.

For one, civil rights have been restricted quite a bit. The American Patriot Act has its European counterparts. It also led to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars + aftermath. Even arch neutral Sweden has had soldiers participating in ISAF operations. And 911 made the West realize that its idea of liberal democracy isn't as popular as assumed. That realization will dictate geopolitical events far into this century.

^I know it sounds rather mean, but I was eleven at the time, in 6th grade, and I distinctly remember not caring a ton or understanding why people were constantly talking about it weeks later. A couple years later it sunk into me, and these days I really understand. It's just weird how we perceive things as kids, or maybe I was just a little shit who didn't know how to empathize at the time.

Yeah I was a little shit too. I remember repeating "we should all go home" because my mom told me that when JFK was shot, school was let out. And I just was pissed that this wasn't the same deal.

i was in middle school at the time (for anyone not familiar with the term, both US and UK alike, i was basically in year 6 or 7 of my education) and i had just walked from that school to the school where my mum works to get a ride back home. i remember a whole bunch of staff members were still hanging around watching the TVs on trolleys that get rolled into classes when a video is shown and it was broadcasting BBC footage of the towers burning but i too had no idea what they were or what was going on.

come to think about it, i don't remember the point in my life when i did really look into it. every year that 9/11 comes around it always surprises me just how long ago it was.

I don't know if I should watch this. I didn't like watching people leap from the top of the skyscraper to avoid the flames. Can't forget that. I have a videographic memory. I guess, I just don't like watching people die. I feel like I should watch it though. Another time.

I first heard about it while in my freshman biology class. Someone popped their head through the door and said a plane had just flown into the World Trade Center and that it was a terrorist attack. Our teacher was speechless and she told us to just do some busy work, and I saw her trembling as she went out of the room. I never really though about it, but maybe she had someone close in there. Man, I can't believe I never thought of this before. Shortly after the attack, she stopped showing up to class, and for three weeks straight we had a substitute teacher until they replaced her for the rest of the year. The rumor was she had a mental breakdown of some sort, and I just now realized that it might have been because she lost someone in the attack.

I didn't even know what the world trade center was at the time. As people talked about it I thought it was just some kind of like, open market district or something. Then the bell rang and I went to my next class which was US Government, and we watched the towers burning on the news. I don't recall seeing a second plane hit, so it might have happened before the class change. But I didn't see them collapse either, because once reports started coming in that people were jumping out the windows, my teacher turned it off. The rest of the day went on as normally as the staff could make it, and I was so confused as to what was happening that I rushed home, skipping football practice to watch the news.
I was in my US government/economics class of my senior year when it happened. Coincidence?

The somewhat funny part was that my teacher sort of made a lesson plan around the incident since we were studying the U.S. legislative system of checks and balances at the time. Stuff like how the Congress and administrative branch will respond and such. Everyone knew she was just looking for an excuse to keep the television on, but I doubt any of the administrative faculty really cared considering the circumstances and all.

I thought the title was World so my mistake. Its actually the term I searched for in Google and these videos came up. No intentional mess up there or attempt to politicize but like I said my bad.

And I didnt notice the music. Which after checking for it was probably about 10 seconds total of the entire ~ 2 hours. I did not notice any cinematic booms.

Theres no slant here intended at all, I just thought this was a VERY well done compilation in how they matched it to the timing. It follows it minute by minute with the footage. That's why I posted this in VIDEO forum and it has nothing to do with politics, else I'd have posted it in politics.

Way to shit in the thread BTW.

For me the part of these videos that stuch out the most was the firefighter on a cellphone right after the collapse-

"Mom. Mom- I'm okay. ... Everyones dead mom. I gotta go"

I can only assume she'd asked him a question about colleagues of his that she also knew of if they were alright or not.

Back