2 birds with one stone

S

steelslay

Instead of filling up threads n. stuff thought i would put my two questions in one box :D my map seems to be takeing shape nicely after about the 5th restart!!ive come to a grinding halt on a few things 1st. i want to make a bridge that raises out of the water,
that bits easyish i think, but i want the bridge to turn 90 degrees,[the bridge will be activated by a switch upon when pressed the bridge will come out of the water and line up with the path the player is stood on making it a complete path to the other side.
2nd.question also another map im working on has modern houses,in the textures in sdk theres no new looking stuff all the wallpaper is scared in some way, in fact there is no new looking stuff in any of the sdk, perhaps someone has some already made up if so i would like to obtain some any help with textures is most welcome

For the textures try downloading the texture pack from the sticky in this forum.

no bridge still

thx for the help on my bridge,+ i got some real nice textures just what i was looking for there going to look nice on my map
[i hope],however i can,t get my bridge idea to work if someone could piont me urther in the right direction, ive tried various ways with func_door ect.. i can get the bridge to turn but not raise at the same time as its turning [ for those who do not know what im looking for,im trying to make a brdige raise out of water and turn 90 degrees as its raising to complete the walkway :sniper:

Try making the bridge and using func traintracks or something. Make the bridge tied to the traintracks (with move_rope or something) and make the tracks spiral upwards. Maybe even make the bridge the train. I have never tried this before which is why im not being to specific. Also look up some trainstrack tutorials to help.

thx dr deven

looks like yer on the right track, :E there thx for yer help i think it might be working :eek:

Back