Day of Defeat                     219.111 million
Day of Defeat: Source             146.776 million
Half-Life DeathMatch               62.037 million
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch            54.988 million
Earth's Special Forces             32.047 million
Garry's Mod                        30.300 million
[B]Fortress Forever                   19.877 million[/B]
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=stats

Not sure how they work out the Minutes/Month stat - they could take the 2 days of play and estimate it for a month or that number could continue going upwards for the next 28 days - if so it could end up stabilizing at around 4 billion.
Either way it represents a lot of preloaded copies of the Orange Box being sold.

Fortress Forever isn't doing too bad either in 11th place.

Ah damn! I never realized how popular counter strike is until just now compared to something like dod. Shit even TF2 gained more popularity in 2 days then dod did in a whole damn month. :hmph:

Ok the number has gone down so they do estimate the Minutes/Month from the number of days it has been played.

As I suggested before HL2 was released, the game would have more of a challenge competing with CS than Doom 3 among the FPS games :bounce:

TF2 will probably stay there, although I'd hope it at least gains more popularity than CS-CZ.

Well, it looks like it could get a serious competition for a CS game (a crappy CS game, but nevertheless!).

70 % of the CS players know nothing about steam, its community, their own control panel, its engine, half-life 2 and TFC.

They just play it because they can brag about it at school. Dumb kids.

Back