2 new STALKER movies

holy crap!! I was already highly anticipating this game, even though I don't know TOO much about it from the screens and a couple of videos I've seen of it, but WOW this looks VERY nice :)

there is a much longer vid(14min) of the first one. showing the dx9 renderer + + it is 161mb. u can find it here

www.hardwired.hu

filename : stalker E3 demonstraciò

the quality of those vids are not very good. gsc will probably release them with high quality. stalker gonna rule :cheers:

S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Is it just me or does it look really boring. The only thing cool going on is the blood suckers attacking you at night. Perhaps I should wait for some action-type clips to be released.

Wow, could the guy playing the MP be any dumber? He didn't seem to understand the concept of damage pointers.

Tinneth said:
Is it just me or does it look really boring. The only thing cool going on is the blood suckers attacking you at night. Perhaps I should wait for some action-type clips to be released.

I didn't find that first video particularly entertaining or nice. Maybe it was the low quality of the video (because all other screens/videos of stalker look awesome.

Somehow it did not feel right...

Whenever I see Stalker in action it always looks like it's getting a shit framerate. It never looks very smooth IMO.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
you couldn't have, I changed my name only a couple of weeks ago, I was f.k.a. DeusEx2
:D

excellent change :cheers:

The more stalker media i see the less interested i'm becoming in it.

Weird.

I still think its going to be great, I just wish they would stop showing crappy media footage.

The part Im most hyped about is;

1.) Being the closest I am probably ever going to be to Chernobyle
2.) The game having a day/night cycle
3.) Fighting mutant creatures, watching creatures fight eachother, watching creatures fight other humans

Is there going to be Co-op?! that would rock!

Wow, that looks incredibly boring.. STALKER has always been one of the games I've been looking forward to, but that looked incredibly unimpressive

Shuzer said:
Wow, that looks incredibly boring.. STALKER has always been one of the games I've been looking forward to, but that looked incredibly unimpressive

Ditto :/

The graphics engine is becomming less and less impressive too :(

Murray_H said:
Ditto :/

The graphics engine is becomming less and less impressive too :(

I think if it has Co-Op it will be more impressive. I would love to play along side someone from these forums... but we can only hope eh?

The thing about releasing sooooo much media is that you're going to capture boring moments along with exciting ones. Valve carefeully picks and chooses what to show, thereby ensuring that only the best moments are seen. It seems like the STALKER guys release just about anything they happen to record.

STALKER's fps/rpg mix and freeform gameworld are still fascinating to me though.

Well the first trailer dident impress me so much so why should this do it?

For everyone thats saying the game looks boring or the graphics don't look as good as you first thought they would be:

Did you feel the same way about Half-life 2 prior to all the new footage from E3?
I did and seeing the new E3 2004 footage changed my mind again! I'm betting it'll be the same for Stalker when its closer to being released!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s Graphics are amazing considering what it will be rendering. They're better than FarCry's (which had kind of cartoony graphics in my opinion) but is still able to render a massive outdoor enviroment with dynamic foliage and trees, dynamic light sources, day/night cycles, realistic weather conditions!! (and much more). I'd like to see DooM3 render that on any machine and get more than 10 FPS. Half-Life 2's graphics probably draw on par with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as far as shaders, textures and light dynamics go. (OK, may not lighting)

The stalker grapichs looks like an old whore an so does the gameplay, hope they have something better than that.(singelplay)

Bio said:
The stalker grapichs looks like an old whore an so does the gameplay, hope they have something better than that.(singelplay)

The gameplay looks like an old whore? Have you read about what they're attempting? They're basically trying to model an entire open-ended world with independednt AI trying to accomplish goals parallel to your own. There are faction ratings and the AI will respond to you based on their past experiences with you. There's a robust inventory system and getting new items allows you to travel to previously inaccessable areas (ala Metroid). It's an FPS that's entirely open-ended, basically go where you want, do what you want. I don't know of any other FPS that's attempting this kind of stuff.

Call the graphics what you will but the gameplay is decidedly not an "old whore." In fact, if they pull off what they're claiming I might even call the gameplay revolutionary.

I meant all those stupid monster and that kind of thing.
The things that make them selves invisible and the other ones that can survive a granade wiouth taking a scratch, boring looks on everything,
just dosent look cool.

DarkStar said:
The gameplay looks like an old whore? Have you read about what they're attempting? They're basically trying to model an entire open-ended world with independednt AI trying to accomplish goals parallel to your own. There are faction ratings and the AI will respond to you based on their past experiences with you. There's a robust inventory system and getting new items allows you to travel to previously inaccessable areas (ala Metroid). It's an FPS that's entirely open-ended, basically go where you want, do what you want. I don't know of any other FPS that's attempting this kind of stuff.

Call the graphics what you will but the gameplay is decidedly not an "old whore." In fact, if they pull off what they're claiming I might even call the gameplay revolutionary.

Yes I can say I will attempt to make a game simulating real life and you play god and every NPC is every real person in the world, and you can do as you please. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it. And if you give me the "well STALKER has ss and videos to prove it" bullshit, think again, you've seen videos, you've seen pictures. Not one piece of media has yet shown anything that they said they were trying to implement that hasn't been done before. And don't give me any bullshit I've seen every video. It's a lost argument.

guinny said:
Yes I can say I will attempt to make a game simulating real life and you play god and every NPC is every real person in the world, and you can do as you please. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it. And if you give me the "well STALKER has ss and videos to prove it" bullshit, think again, you've seen videos, you've seen pictures. Not one piece of media has yet shown anything that they said they were trying to implement that hasn't been done before. And don't give me any bullshit I've seen every video. It's a lost argument.

What? I'm not saying they're going to pull it off. Who knows how the game will turn out. That's why I qualified my statement by saying "if they pull off what they're claiming." How could you possibly convey open-ended gameplay in a screenshot anyway? How could you convey that obtaining new items lets you acess new places in a screenshot? How could you convey the faction system in a screenshot? All you can go by is what the developers have said. If what they're claiming is true, STALKER will be badass.

I have always been curious about STALKER but uh.. that looked horrible. There were a few points where I did honestly think I was watching a demo of the original DOOM. Awful.

Even if they pull off what they claim, doesn't mean they pulled it off well.

Im a major HL2 fanboy, and I say Stalker will kick ass!, Pssh I mean.... a zone you can explore in detail, over ten's of Kilometers! , OMG that so OwnZ . awsome, looks scary too. :D

I basically think they should have made the engine and enviroments and let someone else make the monsters....which, in a way i guess they did, seeing as something like 2/3 of the monsters were made by fans. I just think maybe they should have hired some more concept artists because i do agree that the monster design is a little bit lackluster, as well as the animations of said monsters. On the other hand, in my opinion, to say the "visuals" suck is a downright ignorant statement....the X-ray engine in and of itself is a beautiful peice of work, especially coming from left field as it did, and i think that GSC are to be commended for their efforts (I for one had certainly never heard of them previously). Anyways....i'm right, and you're wrong.....NANANANABOOBOO!!!!! YOU SUCK!

my only complaint so far about this game has to be the animation of movement
the enemies look so incredibly unrealistic when they walk/run
other than that, it looks great
the concept is original... blending rpg and action fps
hope it turns out well

Back