2007 Yaris, YAY or NAY?

Yaris, Like it or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deadline

Tank
Reaction score
Nay..horible car. Get a 307 or 1007...great first time cars and reliable.

There's nothing special about the look, but you gotta love that mileage!

Man... I wish I could afford new cars. And your first car is a new model too!? WTF. Gah.

<sits in a corner>

Man... I wish I could afford new cars. And your first car is a new model too!? WTF. Gah.

<sits in a corner>

Not first, but first under my name. Driving a 94 Plymouth Acclaim right now

I vote yes before reading the thread. I still have no intention of findoing out who/what Yaris is.

<sits in a corner>

My first was a 2004 Lancer D: Piece of shite compared to my 2005 STi though.

Get a smartcar, you'll thank me when you start saving the money on fuel

Those cars are retarded, the commercials are retarded, everything about the car is retarded. Don't buy one of those gay-machines.

Peugeots are reliable and fairly good looking, but imo I had a 307 and they are french pieces of crap :p, the engine is grossly underpowered for its weight, and with a fully loaded car the acceleration is dire.

Also the dashboard is glazed with tacky silver boarderings which eventually just annoys the hell out of you because it feels so cheap for the price you pay. Also even if your tall the seat height adjustment is shocking, im 6'2'' and at maximum chair height I felt like a midget behind the wheel.

It's a good reliable car, but in the same class (and for the same money) you can get a 2006 honda civic - which is truely a revolutionary car. You won't understand what I mean till you drive one.

small-2006-civic-3-large.jpg

And the 2006 civic Type-R, a bit more dosh but DAMN worth every penny.

geneve-honda-civic-type-r-1b.jpg

who buys new cars... buy a used one for way less. buying a new car is like the stupidest investment ever. what else do you buy that instantly loses 15% of its value the 1st mile you drive it.

get a good reliable old car.. like this one

6190255chevy.jpg

I think it's ugly...though if you're penching penies, then its a good idea for the milage. I'm personally wanting an RX-8 or a Tiburon..

I'd say go for it. I think it looks cool, and it's a Toyota (which is pretty much an oxymoron after looking at last years line up. That excludes the Celica and MR2, ofcourse), basically meaning it's not gonna die before you do. :p

It's a good reliable car, but in the same class (and for the same money) you can get a 2006 honda civic - which is truely a revolutionary car. You won't understand what I mean till you drive one.

small-2006-civic-3-large.jpg

And the 2006 civic Type-R, a bit more dosh but DAMN worth every penny.

geneve-honda-civic-type-r-1b.jpg
However, if you have a bit more cash to spend, then the new civic is the only way to go.

My first was a 2004 Lancer D: Piece of shite compared to my 2005 STi though.
Well, for one, the Lancer is good quality $14,000 everyday-person's car, where as the STi is a high performance $33,000 sports car.

I'd say Honda as well

I have a 14 year old Concerto, still runs a peach.

Get a smartcar, you'll thank me when you start saving the money on fuel

You do know those things are virtually deathtraps on wheels, dont you? Where do you think all the force of a crash is going to go if you have an accident?

You do know those things are virtually deathtraps on wheels, dont you? Where do you think all the force of a crash is going to go if you have an accident?
I think those are neat cars. But you're right, and the fact is a Miata (Or MX5) is probably safer than the Fortwo.

It's a good reliable car, but in the same class (and for the same money) you can get a 2006 honda civic -
I'd also like to point out that the Civic is not considered that class anymore, and is about $2,000 more. Honda's car that IS that same class and price range is the Honda Fit (or Jazz in Europe), which is also a good car... Though some people hate how it looks. I think it's a cool compact.

However, if you can afford the 2006 Civic, that is what you want, absolutely the best bang for the buck, in my opinion.

Well actually, you're wrong. They're safe. For example, 5th Gear performed a crash test with a Smart, head on into a sturdy concrete obstacle, and it held up very well, even at 70 mph.

Oh, and I suppose the frail human sitting inside it is going to stand up brilliantly aswell :\
I was thinking more of a hit to the back anyway (all the impact force would go straight to the back of the driver), but saying that hitting a concrete barrier at 70mph will be safe is ridiculous anyway.

Oh, and I suppose the frail human sitting inside it is going to stand up brilliantly aswell :\
I was thinking more of a hit to the back anyway (all the impact force would go straight to the back of the driver), but saying that hitting a concrete barrier at 70mph will be safe is ridiculous anyway.

I never said that the people in the car would be safe. But that goes for virtually any car when crashing into a concrete wall at 70 mph. What I was pointing out was that the structural integrity of the car is more than adequate, and the fact that the people inside it would be hurt has to do with the deceleration force, not the car in itself.

What did they do to the Yaris !!!

It used to be a nice little hatchback, and now it looks like a bloody prius in unconvincing drag.....

Like the old Yaris, but not this new one.

Yes:At least you can drive in it and it has nice features
No-:The vehicle does not look real style and its dam ex considering its looks unless u can Zhng your car...

Back