3 new high quality CS:S Screenshots

Wow....just makes me want to play it more and more. :O

The terrorist's head in the second one does look rather odd. . .

Very cool though.

Those have got to be some of the worst screenshots I have ever seen. Why do they all look like Reborn with Ak's?

A bit low quality in the textures, but eh, the comunity will make some kick ass new models and what have you.

After all, CS now is known for its very poor and low poly models...maybe they're just trying to keep it playable, and not making you draw too many things.

The first one esp. has pretty poor textures....hope it is lower res.

I love the aztec one. You can tell that the game has not yet been fleshed out, and is clearly not near finished, but there is enough there to show the game is going to look excellent when it's finally done.

um im gonna say the cs:s is pretty much done. Seeing as its coming out the same time as Hl2 and gabe said HL2 is pretty much done.

I hope they make a high def pack....because the player and weapon models are....blah.

Personally, I love the look of the player models and their animations seem to be very good (way better than CS/CZ's animations)

Sure enough, there will be oodles of custom models anyway..

Looks crap. But i don't play CS for the graphics so i don't mind.

Nooooooo, they're focusing on gameplay.

Community jabs aside, I actually think the textures are ok - as long as they plan to add detail textures. If not - then blah.

edit: that aztec pic is crap. No contest with the FarCry pistol and hilly environment.

I love the skins on the player models, but the models themselves are a bit ehh.

FictiousWill said:
Community jabs aside, I actually think the textures are ok - as long as they plan to add detail textures. If not - then blah.

I don't think HL2 uses detail textures. I haven't seen any.

Imagine a new CS community without all the damn immature kids and hackers.Ok...there might be some...but not as much.I can't wait!!!

Aphal said:
I don't think HL2 uses detail textures. I haven't seen any.

We haven't seen alot of CS:S media. The rest has been shakey-cam footage. Besides, if CZ has detail textures, why shouldn't CS:S?

Tr0n said:
Imagine a new CS community without all the damn immature kids and hackers.Ok...there might be some...but not as much.I can't wait!!!

CS:S = retail, mainstream
Same crap community. It's the same issue with CZ, you find just as many snot-nosed arrogant people on that as you do on vanilla CS

I think it looks... great... is that okay to not criticize? :p

Shuzer said:
We haven't seen alot of CS:S media. The rest has been shakey-cam footage. Besides, if CZ has detail textures, why shouldn't CS:S?

Like I said, I haven't seen any in HL2 either, plus there not being any in these pics, I don't think Valve is using them for Source games.

Tr0n said:

I agree, that would be awesome, but what makes you think the community is going to be any different with CS Source?

Does the 2nd one proove that they have officially fixed the shadow problem? Im not sure

Those shots look pretty good to me. They probably still have some tweaking to do, but I am ultimately satisfied.

This may even make me play Counter-Strike:Source. They look pretty good. If it comes with Half-Life 2 I'll probably give it a whirl.

Soundwave said:
I agree, that would be awesome, but what makes you think the community is going to be any different with CS Source?
Hell...I dunno...it was wishful thinking.

once again the valve method of taking screenshots, no aa/af

i know these are only screenshots but i sure as hell hope these are in dx6/7 mode cuz the low poly everything is really crap. i mean look at the ground in aztec picture where the **** is the goddamn terrain deformation present in the hl2 videos from e32k3?> whats with all those sharp angles? and those models...surely they jest. the hands look nice and the arms are good but the heads and the guns wtf is with that gun? the DE i use in CS now looks better than that pos.

im still gonna play it when i buy my hl2...but seriously tell me the models are gonna be better looking than that when the game ships.

FictiousWill said:
Yup. I must agree the screens are less than impressive.

Seems better than Reg CS but i agree not impressive.But i think the whole physics in the game will be fun in Multiplayer.

yeah.. compare that terrorist model to one of the combine models in the HL2 screenshots or the videos.... it looks awful. And are terrorists further down the evolution scale that they are always hunched over when they run? Is that a plastic desert eagle the guy is holding in SS3... cause it looks like plastic to me. I guess everything looks a lot better than current cs and even cs:cz but it is just so hard to tell from these screens... i think i was expecting more

WTF is wrong with the Terrorist's eyes in the first pic? He looks like an alien. :eek:

Not very impressive graphically, but I don't mind playing it at 70fps with a high resolution and have the gameplay intact.

well...hl2 does not look much better. i think the graphics are a bit out of date but the engine is again the best game engine in the world (as the hl1 engine was ...)

the first picture was excellent but the textures were of low quality.

anyone noticed the grenades in screenshot 2?

I'm guessing we can now tell what equipment people have from looking at their models...wonder if it's done for pistols aswell, and of course rifles(holstered on back would be cool, though they would have to fix the fast weapon switching some))

Back