30 Seconds to Mars

Iron Kat

Space Core
Reaction score
Any more 30stm fans here? What I want to know from you is this: 1) Do you have the album A Beautiful Lie; 2) What is your fave track; 3) Have you seen the video for The Kill? I would post the video myself, but I can never manage to do that. But check it out on YouTube. It absolutely KICKS ASS!!!
Plus I love Jared Leto.

My mom loves them.

The song "The Kill" is fun to play in Stepmania, but that's where my liking ends.

I haven't heard A Beautiful Lie, but their first album is very good. A very "spacey" sounding album.

I haven't actually heard anything from their first album. I should give it a listen!

they're probably the most horrible emo band out there
not my cup of piss

they're probably the most horrible emo band out there
not my cup of piss

Their first album is nowhere near emo. It's more of a industrial/alternative style. They completely changed (worsened) their style when they put out A Beautiful Lie.

I haven't actually heard anything from their first album. I should give it a listen!

Yes, definitely.

oh, well I actually heard something about them having changed direction since their early days

one of the few emo bands I like. Any band with a spacey cosmic tune, I like.

O and btw, I have concluded that the most hated rock genres on hl2.net are post grunge and emo.

Nah, s'rubbish.

Until I listen to it. I'm scientific that way.

soulslicer said:
O and btw, I have concluded that the most hated rock genres on hl2.net are post grunge and emo.
Whatever genre Cliff Richard is, that is the most hated.

EDIT: wait just one darn minute what are you doing up whippersnapper

All I know is they represent Albuquerque where I live so kudos to them. But since I mostly pay attention to hip hop I haven't heard much of their music. I need to get around to borrowing some samples off bit torrent but haven't got around to it yet.

About as emo as a brick.

Seriously, emo? Listen to Indian Summer.

All I've heard of their stuff has been rubbish emopop in the vain of Fall Out Boy :|

What I want to know is this: Why does everyone hate emos? What is so bad about emos? I'm not gonna turn this into a massive fight about emos, but I just want to know what everyone's got against them. I don't think people should be predudice when it comes to music taste. For example, I hate R'n'B music, but I don't always hate the people who listen to it (unless they're chavs, but that's different!:E) As I always say: Each To His Own, especially when it comes to music tastes.
Thankyou for reading and I will only accept positive feedback.
Maybe this post should be moved as it has nothing really to do with 30 Secods To Mars.

Thing is, emo has pretty much been dead for the last 10 to 15 years, so what people are going on about these days, be it ''emo fashion'' - which is possibly the stupist thing since punk t-shirts - or whether they think MCR or FOB are emo is a void point considering whining down the mic to pop punk guitars is not emo. People aren't going to know this properly though because the real raw stuff of the 80's is completly forgot about.

In the end it's now come to people believing the word of mouth and TV when it comes to labelling all these blatent cash-cow bandwagon pop punk whinging crap bands emo because such-and-such as said so, when in actual fact if they took the time to listen to an album such as Swept Under by Funeral Diner, or anything by City of Caterpillar, or some Rites of Spring, then they'd probably kick themselves for comparing such far apart bands and genres. But alas, people will listen to the always open mouth more, so...

Everyone who's calling this band emo, read my previous post.

Just listened to "A Beautiful Lie" and "The Fantasy" on Myspace, and they are indeed emo, and shit

Lol @ Dalamari

I agree with theantipop
I don't like the fact that some are considering MCR and FOB emo. That is total bullshit. There are some decent emo rock bands out there like Far-less and Scary Kids Scaring Kids. MCR and FOB and all the bands similar to them belong to a shit-**** genre called pop-punk, which imo is the worst rock genre ever created, and also heavily supported by MTV.

Back