[3D] Glock 27

F

FiVe7

This model took me two nights, a few hours each. I took a 1 week 3d modeling class/summer camp (cinema4d) and this is one of the first things Ive made =)

Im proud of details like the riveted barrel and slide grip. I already know whats wrong with the model, but I wouldnt mind hearing it from you guys too!

glock1.jpg

glock2.jpg

glock3.jpg

glock4.jpg

Neato!! Looks good.

Can you make it look less clean though? Like a little rougher.
Im not sure how the 3d programs work. It'd be cool though.

Looks nice tho, but this is the wrong forum for this. Should be posted in the "Models & Skins" forum. They have a bit more experience to critique this model.

I'm not getting any of them this end, tried copy/pasting the url and it says their not there

Looks nice, however, you aksed for crits, so here they are.
1)Unless that gun shoots specialized bullets, that barrel wouldn't exist.

2)The slide jsuit look like a chamfered box

3)It looks like there are a few smoothing errors around the trigger guard.

it's full of smoothing errors if i look closly at it, way to much detail on places where you don't need details.. like in fron of gun, the barrel? nobody see's it, so why waste al that detail there, when you could use it elswhere? it's a nice model tho, give the facecount please ?
it needs a few fixes tho

Is this meant to be a real time game model? I don't want to go into critiquing the polygon flow and distribution if it's just meant for practice or show. Anyway, the only things I can point out without doing a little research are just minor things, like the trigger guard being too thin, the ejection port, and a couple of other minor things that you'll be able to spot with a few good reference pictures.

On the construction side of things, I see a few things that you could fix. First off, the flow between the handle and the rest of the lower frame looks a little messy. It would look better if that area was all one object welded together smoothly. Also, the handle a trigger have quite a few polygons that aren't serving any purpose other than cluttering the mesh.

Reguardless, it's a great start and it looks like you're on the right track. I think much of your problem is in poor research and reference material. Spending time learning about what you're modeling and gathering proper reference can go a long way in the quality of a model. Good luck in your future modeling endeavors.

that ain't bad.. I can see them now, I think the transparent cache went down here again, working properly using another now

Well, I dont know how to fix the smoothing errors because I have had little to no experience in modeling. I was really frustrated trying to make the different boxes match up at ends but I did the best job I could...

It isnt meant to be an ingame model, I dont know how to make those...and its 'free hand' so to speak. I didnt use any references =)

it does look pretty good for a "free hand" though i wold recomend in the future creting the entire wapon from one or two primitives if box modeling is the techinique you use. it's too much effort to attempt to match and weld all verts between two primitives and it never comes out looking great.

Nice, i would love to take a class like that. How did you go about finding this class?

And what programs did they have lessons in?

Originally posted by FiVe7
The class was very basic and I spent most of the time chatting on AIM ;)

Digital Media Academy at Stanford University:
http://digitalmediaacademy.org/
?
you actually took a class on this? Everyone vie talked to says classes are a waste of time. The pros only go so the company will hire them.

btw nice model.

Originally posted by Nodbugger
you actually took a class on this? Everyone vie talked to says classes are a waste of time. The pros only go so the company will hire them.

btw nice model.
Uh, I got no certification. The lessons themselves were a waste of time, but it was worth the fun and learning to use the program.

the barrel feature is a waste of polgo0ns because it will not even been seen when playing.

Originally posted by IchI0
the barrel feature is a waste of polgo0ns because it will not even been seen when playing.

Originally posted by FiVe7
It isnt meant to be an ingame model, I dont know how to make those...

looks ok

but i think it would look better if the smooth wasnt on so high coz it makes the render look all kinda weird and shinny.. try and smooth it up as much as possible with out the smooth on.. and then when you do put it on put it on as low as possible

ur..... thats way to high polgon for a 3rd person model. They should be around 500 polgons.

Back