3D MAX - Removing Vertices from Links

MrMan

Reaction score
Ugh, i'm new to all this animation business and am following a tutorial to get to grips with it. I have got as far as making a model, assigned a biped to it, and now i am editing the links so that they move whichever vertices they are supposed to. One of the links (big green balloon thing) covers a couple of vertices that it shouldn't do, and i need to fix the problem without re-sizing the green balloon. ..

I have gone into the physique modifier, sub-object mode > vertices, then with the 'Select' button depressed, selected the 4 offending vertices, then clicked 'Remove from Link' and clicked on the arm which the link is a part of. Nothing happens. I have tried it numerous times but nothing seems to work, how do i make it so those vertices are detached from the link, am i clicking in the wrong place to detach them, or not selecting the right buttons or something?

Any help'd be appreciated, thanks

3d max 7...got it working now by using 'Attach to link' and attaching to another link, seemed to work that way, must've been me...sorry, waste of thread lol

lol you know if you use 3ds max you can get leperacy right?

Hahaha, i know what you are going through. What you have to do, it remove them from rigid, deformable and there some other gay one. (Red green and blue)

Anyway, what you do is, you select the green button, remove from link, click the link, then same process with the blue ones, try selecting all the verts around a bone which you wish to assign, remove them from everything, then assign them as RIGID (red) to the bone. I just know this from experience, i havnt rigged a character in about 6 months... so im just going from memory. If you need more help just pm me, or send me the max file, ill do it for ya.. its quite simple.. but i remember trying to wrap my head around it too. GL

Back