3DMark03 test results...

B.Calhoun

Reaction score
I got a total of 3767.

Im not sure if this is good or not but i have a feeling its kinda sucky because at one of the tests my fps got as low as 8....higest was like 475 however.

So can someone enlighten me on how good my system preformed?

Do you have it on default on res 1024x768? Thats the only thing I can think of.

yes accually i do.

How can i change it, the option is greyed out.

i got 5500 odd, 3200+ Athlon XP, Gig DDR400 Ram and 9800 pro.
you should be getting atleast my score...try updating your gfx card drivers... im on 4.8 catalysts.

I have the DNA 2.9.4.9 driver installed.

And what do you mean score before?

I mean is it your first time testing 3dmark03 with that comp?

Btw change your drivers to ATI drivers, 4.8. That should fix the problem. DNA 4.9 is only for open gl

yes my first time with this comp.

And ill go install 4.8 now.

brb after installation and i re-run the test again

I got 3000 when my 9800 Pro had 6xAA/16xAF. Put it on Application Preference in 3d section.

Just don't forget to uninstall your current drivers first(since its dna drivers)

Oldagerocker you need to tweak your system as well; my specs are:

P4 2.2 / 1GB PC2100 133mhz / R9800 flashed to R9800XT

And I'm getting 6061 on default settings. ;)

I get 11540 and I'm not happy with my score since I expected atleast 12000

Nex321 said:
Just don't forget to uninstall your current drivers first(since its dna drivers)
I dont know how to uninstall the DNA drivers after ive installed the 4.8 already......any help?

right click on windows, click on properties-settings-displaycard and uninstall

what the ****. With the 4.8 driver installed i got 3680.

on 1024 x 768 res

Something's wrong, I have a 2.6ghz P4, 9700pro and 512ram and I get 4800+

You need to get someone to look at it.

well the problem might be that i still have in START>PROGRAMS>DNA-Drivers but i cant get rid of it from add/remove programs and i dont know how exactly to clean it with the Driver cleaner (i just tried the drivcer cleaner and didnt know what the hell to do)

B.Calhoun said:
well the problem might be that i still have in START>PROGRAMS>DNA-Drivers but i cant get rid of it from add/remove programs and i dont know how exactly to clean it with the Driver cleaner (i just tried the drivcer cleaner and didnt know what the hell to do)

Try to find it

Use the explorer and go file by file if you have to.

Hmm well i found the files but theres no uninstall program.. should i just send it all to the recycle bin and perma delete it? (i heard your not supposed to do it that way, and your supposed to use the add/remove programs....but im my case it isnt in ass/remove programs)

OKAY,

Go to the control panel. Click on system. Go to the 'Hardware' tab, and click on Device Manager. Under 'Display adapters' should be your video card, click on it and go to the 'Driver' tab. Once their, click uninstall... It will uninstall your drivers. Restart your computer, and then install the catalyst 4.8's. I have a 9800XT, and im getting 6910 overclocked.

Subatomic said:
OKAY,

Go to the control panel. Click on system. Go to the 'Hardware' tab, and click on Device Manager. Under 'Display adapters' should be your video card, click on it and go to the 'Driver' tab. Once their, click uninstall... It will uninstall your drivers. Restart your computer, and then install the catalyst 4.8's. I have a 9800XT, and im getting 6910 overclocked.
Will it uninstall all the driver i have?

Also i have under display driver it says Radeon 9800 PRO and Radeon 9800 PRO- Secondary.

I should use the first right?

when i click uninstall it says "waring you are about to uninstall this device" and the title of the window is "Radeon 9800 PRO"

this will uninstall the drivers so i can redownload the 4.8 again right? cause i dont wanna disconnect my vid card itself.

I get 5600 on default setting is that a good score for my specs?

well im really getting pissed cause with the 4.8 driver installed i just got 3664....

with the res on 1024 x 768
Texture filtering on Optimal
Max Ainsotropy on 4
and Vertex shaders on Optimal

I have no clue WTF is wrong here.....please someone help me...

Turn off AA and AF in your ATI control panel.

Right click on desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> advanced -> 3D tab -> move the bar to balanced

It should say Anti-Alaising and Anisotropic filtering are set to application preference.

Run 3D Mark 03 again.

Subatomic said:
Are you sure you uninstalled the DNA drivers?
Its not on my add/remove programs list and i deleted all the files in the recycling bin....

B.Calhoun said:
Its not on my add/remove programs list and i deleted all the files in the recycling bin....

EDIT: i just found some more files from DNA....lemme run 3d mark again

Make sure to set your settings to low (is that the opposite of optimal in this case? I dunno) in the ati tab.

With a via chipset, you won't score as high as others with the same processor/graphics card, but it shouldn't make a 2-3k difference.

Well if this helps....im barely getting any fps during the CPU tests.
The other times im doing good in terms of fps.

Thats pretty normal. On my old computer that ran at 2.2g, I would get 2 fps on the cpu 'fightin trolls' test.

Back