3rd preload phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

segobi

Reaction score
what u think ? Will there be a third preload this week ? or more probably some time later... :eek:

I think that the third preload will actualy be the final
preload. After the games gold status. :naughty:

I think people are predicting this Thursday (i.e. tommorow), because the last two were on a thursday as well .I reckon there will be two more. This is just speculation though, don't take it a official or anything.

Yeah could be thursday. The planned downtime might put things back though, I don't remember when that was set for now.

I think it's just postponed indefinately until they have time for it. Maybe this weekend or something.

KagePrototype said:
I think it's just postponed indefinately until they have time for it. Maybe this weekend or something.
ahhh ok.

I better clear up some more room for the next preload phase then, just incase.

Tropico said:
how big have the pre loads been?

The first two were just under 1GB each. Gabe has already said that HL2 is around 3.5GB, so there's still just over 1.5GB to go. That's why I think there will be two more, because uploading 1.5GB to so many people seems a bit like overkill to me, especially since they have plenty of time to finish the preloading before the game comes out.

KagePrototype said:
The first two were just under 1GB each. Gabe has already said that HL2 is around 3.5GB, so there's still just over 1.5GB to go. That's why I think there will be two more, because uploading 1.5GB to so many people seems a bit like overkill to me, especially since they have plenty of time to finish the preloading before the game comes out.

There's still some debate over whether the data compression matters. I never followed it all that closely, but some seem to think we may have quite a bit left to go. *shrug*

Beast206 said:
There's still some debate over whether the data compression matters. I never followed it all that closely, but some seem to think we may have quite a bit left to go. *shrug*

I think Gabe also said that HL2 is 2GB when compressed. Seeing we already have just under 2GB, I'd safely assume we're talking about uncompressed data here. :) It's only compressed when downloading, but it is uncompressed when it finishes the download.

The preloads were 500mb each, making 1gb of a 2gb compressed game.

I think there will be two more preloads. I think one will be tomorrow and the final one will be when it goes gold.

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
I think there will be two more preloads. I think one will be tomorrow and the final one will be when it goes gold.

I think that too Scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back