40fps.

Think

Reaction score
Is 40fps good? and how high fps do you get in ut2003 with 9700pro and p4 2.0 gh?

Not really. You can notice up to 72fps I think. So you could tell the difference.

Originally posted by Think
Is 40fps good? and how high fps do you get in ut2003 with 9700pro and p4 2.0 gh?

40fps is good for a SP game. UT2003 is much faster so its not the same thing.

Dont play the game with show_fps 1 or something...you will find 40fps just great.

gabe didnt mention ram either, i dont know how you would figure it, but i bet if you have 512+ you might get maybe 45 or 50.

with my new system i expect to get 60 with max details at 1024x768. But i cant say for sure, im just taking that from things gabe has said.

My monitor cant display over 1024 anyway. :)

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Not really. You can notice up to 72fps I think. So you could tell the difference.

Id like to see any human notice the differance between 40 and 72 FPS....

Ok.. I cant wait to the try it.
I have a p4 2.88gh does it mather that its 0.88gh more then p4 2.0?

You Can deffinatly notice if it drops below 60 fps. And You cant notice the diffrence past 80fps

in the newer games you cant tell 40fps and up. Its only the old games like hl where 30 and 40 fps look slightly choppy. I cant tell the difference between 45 and 90 in Americas Army. I cant tell difference between 30 and 60fps in UT2k3. O btw, you cant either.

40 FPS is great. It will look smooth and be very playable.

Keep in mind, a consistent framerate is better than one that spikes up and down. In that regard, a frame speed at a steady 25 FPS is better than one that spikes at 60 one minute then drops down to 20 the next.

Humans can't detect framerates past 60fps. so if it's 60 or 6000, you won't be able to tell the difference.

The human eye can see 30 fps i believe, anything above that makes no difference. But you, on really quick movements ingame, the fps might affect it.

I can tell the difference in 60 and 99 in DoD , everything gets smoother , its not a big difference ,but its there. Think if you can get 60fps that should be just great.

but we will get 40fps with all max right?! so if we play normal or high we will get like 30-20fps more maybe..

This is what Realy Matters. ANYTHING BELOW 30fps SUCKS.

ANYTHING ABOVE 60fps IS PERFECT.

Originally posted by GreaseMonkey
The human eye can see 30 fps i believe, anything above that makes no difference. But you, on really quick movements ingame, the fps might affect it.
Hehe, I struggle hard to control myself... But to be short: More like 200 fps (US Army testing (or USAF, cant remember)).

Anyway, reading a rage3d thread about HL2, I noted there was noted that this 40fps applied on a 9700Pro/2ghz with 4xFSAA and 8xAF (quality) with medium to high settings. The reason for medium to high settings was apparently because the computer in question had 256mb, they suggested 512 at least. So one can go higher if skipping FSAA/AF (I personally would never skip AF, but I can live without FSAA).
But of course, its all uncomfirmed...

yea. AF is like the best. but i will play with FSAA to if it dosent destroy the smothe feelign i want when i play some games.

if i updated my amd athlon xp2000(1667mhz) to a xp3000(2170mhz) will it make a diffrence in fps???

Originally posted by dawdler
Hehe, I struggle hard to control myself... But to be short: More like 200 fps (US Army testing (or USAF, cant remember)).

Anyway, reading a rage3d thread about HL2, I noted there was noted that this 40fps applied on a 9700Pro/2ghz with 4xFSAA and 8xAF (quality) with medium to high settings. The reason for medium to high settings was apparently because the computer in question had 256mb, they suggested 512 at least. So one can go higher if skipping FSAA/AF (I personally would never skip AF, but I can live without FSAA).
But of course, its all uncomfirmed...

dude, enough of the pansy airforce test. Its not the same as games. It was a test to detect ONE image in a bunvh of frames. It was ONE image. it wasnt a game or a movie or anything.

some people say 30fps and up is the same and its true for SOME games. But its impossible to tell between 60 and up. most games impossible with 50 even.

o btw, to get fps in aa type stat in the console. Someone asked me that..

ouch apos, not over 1024? i wanna get u a new moniter, 17 inch for 50 bucks! :)

basically, movies are made with 26 frames per second (initially, nowadays the probably have gone up to 30 or something). You might notice the difference between 30 and 40 Frames (skilled eye of a gamer), but anything above that is unnoticable (besides, i loath people who oc their system just to get a few more frames, and the brang about how cool that is)

well, 9800 np and Athlon 2.1 ghz gets me 100 average on most maps, max details, no AA/AF.
1280x960 res

So is the movies from steam only in 26fps? if that so it will be nice with 40fps

Originally posted by Archangel
basically, movies are made with 26 frames per second (initially, nowadays the probably have gone up to 30 or something). You might notice the difference between 30 and 40 Frames (skilled eye of a gamer), but anything above that is unnoticable (besides, i loath people who oc their system just to get a few more frames, and the brang about how cool that is)

whats the game?

like i said.....if you can notice the differance between 40-72 FPS....i will send you a check for 100$

and a nice button the pin on you chest that says "im full of shit"

just buy R9800 and 2.8GHz or over + 1GB corsiar xms4000 memory. you will have 100 or over fps. tRUst me.

Back