5200 to a 5600?

Mujuro

Reaction score
Since my computer only has PCI slots, and I found a PCI GeForce FX 5600 128MB card, how much of an improvement would I see? Any help is appreciated. (Currently have an FX5200 128MB and it sucks).

Almost none at all, 5600 is only a little better. My suggestion is to first save up for a new motherboard, then maybe an AGP card for xmas or whenever.

theres a post similar to this one down a few threads. well let mem see, I think you would see very little improvements, cuz theyre both FXs, the whole FX series sucked (except for the 5900s) I think you could get an AGP slot and expand your way to a 6800GT or similar... cuz with AGP you get lots more of cards to choose from, so, I think you should save up some money to get a AGP slot mobo and dont waste it on some crappy upgrade (cuz you wont see many improvements really)

hope this helped =D

Yea, was lurking around Newegg, and just decided I should get a new motherboard. I currently have an HP case, would I be able to take all (most, not including P/S) and put it in a new case? This one overheats way to much.

yes. especially if you're getting a new mobo.

Back