60inch CS:S is pretty fun

Pauly

Tank
Reaction score
Kinda bored. So i hooked up my notebook PC to my 60 inch tv and played some cs:s. here are some picutres. Its really cool. so big!
My camera is not that good quality and after going through photobucket the pictures are not that great quality as they use to be. oh well
Pic 1
pic 2

All you need on your tv is a video input from notebook to tv. Its really simple. My notebook is pretty good. I get good frames on medium settings for my notebook. It does look a little grainy but not too bad.

johnnypoopoopant said:
pretty neat...but how do u do that, do u need a speacial type of vid card???

just TV-out..and most cards have that..

not trying 2 boast or anything but we got a projector and the screen is about 8 foot wide :D

we also got a wireless mouse and keyboard so we can play games while sitting on the sofa.

I'll try and post some pics if i can.

yeah, usually it's a "S-Video" out.. which is better quality then the RCA jacks.. i have the Radeon All-in-wonder video card which has a TV tuner and video in and out, so i can hook up digital cable and everything else through the computer.. makes recording easy too!
Wish i had a big screen like that though!

Jammydodger said:
not trying 2 boast or anything but we got a projector and the screen is about 8 foot wide :D

we also got a wireless mouse and keyboard so we can play games while sitting on the sofa.

I'll try and post some pics if i can.
Yeah, me too. My screen is a little bit bigger. It is about 10 feet. Call of Duty looks fantastic on it.

OMG! WHAT IS that thing to the left in pic2?!
You SENSURED it! For what reason?! Tell us now! What is it that you hide from our conspicous eyes? You biscuit of evil(banana flawor)! IT LOOKS LIKE.......................!

be careful guys if u do have big screen tvs -i fried mine with too many videogames , atleast thats what the repairman says did it . Cost 500 to fix - actually my dads money. then again that tv was left on all day most of the time. Anyone here have that ati kit that allows you to record from tv to dvd burner? - lil off topic

ATI kit to record from tv to dvd burner??!!

never heard of it. I just use my AIW 9800 Pro to record the tv onto my HDs.... then I burn a dvd if it is worth it.. (but i have 320 gigs of space, so I can keep alot of stuff on my HDs)

It won't look grainy if your TV-In/Out settings on your card are good.

I sometimes play games on TV, is kinda fun :)

Do it all the time, in fact I have a computer hooked up to my reciver which hooks into my 60" too, great for playing RTS on.

KingPing_NOR said:
OMG! WHAT IS that thing to the left in pic2?!
You SENSURED it! For what reason?! Tell us now! What is it that you hide from our conspicous eyes? You biscuit of evil(banana flawor)! IT LOOKS LIKE.......................!

Look at pic1. It's a family photos, which he blured out. But he forgot to blur out the first one.

It looks nice, but I don't like the grainy gaming you get when connecting a TV. I wish they made something like "Super-HDTV-2K- LOLOLZOMG!!11!!-bigscreen TV" with a higher pixelcount than a computer-monitor.

Don't forget that a TV runs at 640x480 res. Actually, it may be 640x240, since it's interlaced, right? If you dont mind not being able to read text very well, and not see your enemy's head from long range, then it'd be fine. I prefer to sit a couple feet away from my 22" flat screen moniter.

it still boggles my mind that DVD's have a resolution of only 640x480(TV's resolution) yet it looks so good.. why is this? Does it adjust to better resolution on a computer? (sry if i'm too off topic)

Nice but even hdtv isn't that great for resolution.

Uh what??? It has great resolution:

HDTV runs at either 1920x1080, or just over 2 million pixels or
1280x720 or 921,600 pixels. This is perfect for gaming if you have the right TV with DVI or component, PC gaming can look great. I have a 50 inch HDTV with DVI and plan on hooking up my PC to it for Half Life 2 :D .

it still boggles my mind that DVD's have a resolution of only 640x480(TV's resolution) yet it looks so good.. why is this? Does it adjust to better resolution on a computer? (sry if i'm too off topic)

Dvd (480p) resolution is 720x480.

Yeah it's pretty but I bet you can't play properly, controlling from the laptop and watching the screen isn't a good setup. Aiming must be a pain in the ass.

I've got component video input my 55 inch plasma...WOOT!!

Cheaper solution...buy this and throw it onto a white wall - I do it in my apartment, and it look FANTASTIC. Only 850 bucks, too.

Back