64 bit

kickass2009

Reaction score
Do any of you have the new AMD 64 bit proccessor? Is it worth spending so much money or should i just get a 2.8 ghz intel.

Im getting the A64 next time im buying a new compy... Its the fastest thing you can get now (overall), even in 32bit.

I think Intel is somewhat desperate with their P4 EE. The upcoming Prescott processor wasnt so good as they though it would be... its slower than the A64 and very hot. The core isnt done yet but i think they have alot to do on it before they can release it.

AMD all the way :)

I wouldnt jump on it and buy a new PC just because people say "its awesome" but next time you DO buy a PC give it a good look...because it is awesome. :D

"Pc for everybody" <--- LoL (PC för alla) said in their review that The Athlon A64 was a big step to the future.. But that it isn't a good choice at the moment to buy Cuz of its price and not so needed use...
I dont know what to think exccept from that i want to buy a new computer after christamas and i think it will be a P4 2.8Ghz with 512 Corshair PC 3200 DDR... Or whatever.. =)

I would wait a bit for the athlon 64 to mature .......

if i were building a system in the near future...i would go with an amd 2500+

or a p4 2.4c-2.8c

it's first genereration 64-bit. If you think the perform,ance advances are big now, give it one or two more chips. Oncew the tecnology has matured and is ready to take advantage of it, it will be amazing.

yeah, i wouldent for a few months. its too expensive, and theres no 64 bit software to support it. the 64 bit windows xp isnt out yet, so youd have to be using linux. hl2 isnt much good on that :)

Back