7th September 2014 + New Currencies Coming Soon! - ValveTime News Round-Up

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something something Nick throwing James under the bus for not recording that new database episode yet. :p

(i could be completely wrong) But from what I heard the blood and gore censorship was actually pretty easy to get past. All people had to do was download a mod like that "extra blood and gore" mod.

Also Australia used to be a nice neighborhood lol

I wish they make the german USK reevaluate Half-Life 1, so we can have the uncut version of that. The game is over 15 years old so it shouldnt be a problem :(

(i could be completely wrong) But from what I heard the blood and gore censorship was actually pretty easy to get past. All people had to do was download a mod like that "extra blood and gore" mod.

Also Australia used to be a nice neighborhood lol

you mean "Left4Gore" (Left4Uncut before). Yeah, I use that too, in Germany we still have the cut version :(

Too bad for us, people form Poland, that Valve isn't going to add our currency (Polish Złoty, PLN). Prices of PC games in PLN are usually much lower than in EUR (otherwise, most of us couldn't be able to afford them).
EA's Origin, while being inferior to Steam in almost every way, supports PLN from the beginning, and prices are sometimes (especially on sales) much, much better compared to Steam.

It was really easy to get past, but that doesn't mean it was legal. Now it is legal and you don't have to even worry about mods!

Its interesting to see so much censorship from all these other countries. I'm really not used to seeing video games being censored that often, But man it happens a lot. It almost seems hypocritical, you wouldn't censor a particular book because it was violent, sexual, drug related from your free country, ...So why censor a video game? I mean just look at DidYouKnow Gaming's Fallout video. From about 1:35, the rest of the video is talking about being censored in different countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
because German politicians are retarded

The whole japan and the fat man launcher thing is really interesting and it really goes to show that Gamers prefer offensive visuals, language, ideas, and themes over being censored from that listed.

Gamers Don't Like Video Games Censored.

Back