85 Minutes of Left 4 Dead Footage

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
New Left 4 Dead footage from World Cyber Games (one of the world's most prominent professional gaming competitions.) capped by a member from Left4Dead411.com with his impressions for the game. [br]The video he took is very good, showing things like the new Hunter gore, the great looking fire effects, and finally some hunting rifle action! About 85 minutes in all.[br]
You can view the video on Google Videos or you can download the HQ version here.

OMG YES!

Btw i live on these forums!

Really ancient news! :LOL: I never watched all of it because it was too much and frankly, I'm getting sick of it a little. I was going to post this but gave up on the entire left4dead411 forum basically. The "guys" on there are really old (around 30) but still act like 10 year olds. If you ask what their favorite upcoming game is, it's Left 4 Dead or something similar. There is 2 mods that do crap on the site. I wanted to change the forums but most people don't like any changes. In fact I had one of the mods say that I should'nt ask help here to create a new banner. All the steampowered members go there. It's a big waste of a site. In fact the member that made this was a dick throughout the entire movie. You can hear him shouting at people on what to do throughout the entire video like a prick. They have this idea around them like they are in the know or something. :rolleyes:

If you ask what their favorite upcoming game is, it's Left 4 Dead or something similar.

That's surprising..

In fact the member that made this was a dick throughout the entire movie. You can hear him shouting at people on what to do throughout the entire video like a prick.

I don't think he was being a dick, the game requires teamwork and he was just trying to get his team to work together as best he could. I don't believe it's very nice to call someone a prick that spent a large amount of his time recording the game for other people, either.

Anyway, it's really great footage and thanks to Shrubs for taking it.

I downloaded all the files although I only watched part of it. There is definitely a lot of footage there. Not sure I want to sift through it all. hehe

Still hyped for the game. And Iced Eagle is in the video? D:

I'm kind of sick of seeing all of this footage. I'd rather be able to play the game and experience everything for myself, not watch other people do it for me.

Should have gone to the events they have been at then. D:

Am I the only one who doesn`t find this game scary and frightening? I mean, fighting midgets made out of candy would be scarier and the glow around people when they`re not near you looks retarded.
I was looking forward to this game, not so much anymore.

The game isn't mean to be scary, it's a team based survival game.

Frankly I'm getting sick of seeing the same goddamn city level. Granted, I haven't watched the whole 83 minutes (just part A on Google Vid), and I haven't been keeping up with any other videos, if any, that have been released recently, but damn are there actually any other levels aside from the city/apartment footage?

Wasn't this game supposed to be released before the orange box.
For that matter any news on Star Craft 2.

Really ancient news! :LOL: I never watched all of it because it was too much and frankly, I'm getting sick of it a little. I was going to post this but gave up on the entire left4dead411 forum basically. The "guys" on there are really old (around 30) but still act like 10 year olds. If you ask what their favorite upcoming game is, it's Left 4 Dead or something similar. There is 2 mods that do crap on the site. I wanted to change the forums but most people don't like any changes. In fact I had one of the mods say that I should'nt ask help here to create a new banner. All the steampowered members go there. It's a big waste of a site. In fact the member that made this was a dick throughout the entire movie. You can hear him shouting at people on what to do throughout the entire video like a prick. They have this idea around them like they are in the know or something. :rolleyes:
Oh well, it'll be that much more entertaining ripping them to pieces in a Hl2.net vs L4D411.com game then.

Looks pretty good, but honestly i'd like to see some outside city levels, say a big outpost that a bunch of survivors built, and hordes of zombies start attacking it and you have to defend it, and if they start busting down the walls / getting in you have to fall back to the center and call for help and wait on a vehicle to arrive and help clear the area or evacuate.

Or even a "campaign" where you can play through a singleplayer-style coop campaign that follows a story. Or missions that play in order similar to Alien Swarm for Ut2004 where you can choose your campaign and play the missions in order etc.

There are a couple of other missions obviously. Turtle Rock is keeping it under wraps because it's still being made where as the hospital map is done basically. We could'nt get any media of the infected side because they would'nt let him tape it. The witch was in part 3a too.

I hope they'll make some industrial style maps. Turtle Rock FTW !

-dodo

Back