9600PRO, clearing this up.

A.A

Reaction score
Okay, the subject and thing to discuss is obvious to you at this point.

So, I've seen some very different prizes on the 9600PRO, and I wonder on thing...it's been said to me that the reason why some 9600PRO are so cheap are because the are underclocked. Would I be able to overklock such a card to real clockspeeds and above anyway or have they tinkered with them and made that impossible?
And what do I gain on buy one of the more costly modells of the 9600PRO?

Odds are that if you are able to clock it up to 9600pro standard speeds, it would be very hot and unstable, taking years off it's life. And the underclocked 9600pro (the powercolor ez version) has memory clocked 100MHz (200Mhz DDR) slower, and I seriously doubt it.

The more costly modle get you a better performing, better quality card that will last much longer.

The brand name is "Club"? Wow. I would go with a more prominent brand name. Sapphire comes to mind.

Although they do like "OK" cards. Email them and get memory specs and the such. Find out what they use.

Originally posted by bastard_loud
Club3D (not Club) is a prominent brandname.

Overseas? Sorry just a sheltered American. :) Have never seen the cards at shows or online thats all.

if you were going ot go for a 9600 pro go for sapphire.. ATI or hercules... branded ones!

:)

TheRook

Originally posted by Aknot
HOLY CRUD 1,695 dollars! Dont buy it it is way overpriced.

J/K.... ;)

Irony? :p

SEK is our lovely swedish money, for all who didn't know. Also called Crowns (sounds stupid in english).

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
THat is one of the best 9600pro on the market. I fully reccomend it.

I'll aim to get that one :)
I've read much good things about it and heard it's an extreme overclocker.

Originally posted by A.A
Irony? :p

SEK is our lovely swedish money, for all who didn't know. Also called Crowns (sounds stupid in english).
Otherwise known as sekiner :)
And also riksdaler, close part of the good old original dollar word.
Crowns, pff... That's an insult, even coming from a swede ;)

Anyway, the 9600 is one HELL OF A overclocker. It can be pushed to the extreme if cooled well.

Originally posted by dawdler
Otherwise known as sekiner :)
And also riksdaler, close part of the good old original dollar word.
Crowns, pff... That's an insult, even coming from a swede ;)

Anyway, the 9600 is one HELL OF A overclocker. It can be pushed to the extreme if cooled well.

Sekiner?
How come you know this? Are you a swede you little bagger? ;)
Crowns yes..kronor, crowns...that would be the correct translation.

I think I'll save my..crowns (;)) and wait for the 9600XT.

Back