9600xt 128mb agp performance

ilovemetal

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!! I made a few posts on getting a 9600xt 128mb agp video card and got many different opinions. I finally got it and just wanted to let you guys know how its running, and to the people wondering about getting one I will tell you what I think.

First off im running on an E-Machines model T3085 with 1.5 gigs of Samsung DDR pc2700 ram, a AMD 3000+ 2.17ghz. proccessor, and a 300 gigabyte harddrive(do not know what kind) and of course my new Ati Radeon 9600xt 128MB AGP Video card.

The 9600xt runs direct x 9 and the latest open gl. which i used!! I ran every and i mean every setting on high and resolution on 1024 x 768. It comes with a tv output to plug ur screen into the tv but not record... and another one for dual monitors (which I dont know why people would use)

To let you know i ran everygame witht he highest settings i could possibly acheive and i did not overclock my card!!!The 9600 on CS:Source ran 100 fps. constant on the maps dust, aztec, iceworld, and many other aim and de maps. On assault and other cs maps it ran 200 fps. non-stop (if you do not beleive me email me and i will send u clips i took). In Half-Life 2 it ran 80-200 fps. In Counter-Strike it ran 120fps. constant and in Condition Zero it ran 100fps. constant! Hl 1 ran 120 fps. also, and all other Half-Life 1 games ran 120 fps constant.!!!

I hope this was helpful to everyone wanting to know about the 9600xt which even out performs my friends 9800pro which personnaly i think eats shit!! All comments are welcome!

Ohh yeah this post was mostly made for people wanting to know about the 9600xt

wow... I wish my 9800 Pro could do what your 9600 XT can... :rolleyes:

Spoonoop said:
wow... I wish my 9800 Pro could do what your 9600 XT can... :rolleyes:

i dobut you could get that many frames with your set up let alone with the 9600xt no offence...now are you saying everything up and with aa and af...because i get like 40 fps in hl2 with everything up and like little aa and af

Dual monitor is fun, I use it, all my aim conversations and music n stuff are on my right monitor and on my left monitor i game and internet stuff. Its hard to go back once you get used to it ive found..

Back