9800xt available on 10/13 from CompUsa

SaltyCrackers

Reaction score
www.compusa.com

It says that they're expecting the 9800xt 256mb card made by ATI on 10/13. SO it looks like the xt will be available by retail this week...just in time for Max Payne 2 and Xlll.

Move to Hardware Discussion ---> Radeon 9700 Pro pawns for me. :)

just in time for people to waste their money on a card that isn't that much faster than the 9800 pro...the XT is a total waste...
even subtracting $50 from the price because of the hl2 bundle, $450 is still $150 for less than 10fps avg. more than the pro

lame

I wish i had the money to buy this. Its a great card but for now i think ill stick with my legendary 9700 Pro :)

Maskirovka, wrong.

its very great card comparing to 9800pro. especialy when installing 3.8 catalyst.

the 3.8 catalyst is really a big boost for the XT series.

$500...rediculous

just in time for x3, huh?
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1900&p=21

there's like a 1-5% difference in pretty much every test between the last catalyst and the new ones.

the 5% difference is pretty significant on some of the games, but overall, the drivers don't make that much of a difference in performance.

of course there's the overdrive technology...but if you're serious, you'll just overclock manually anyway. i'm just saying that the difference in performance over the 9800pro just isn't going to justify $200...at least not for me.

Powercolor is making an 9800 XT that is 128mb and is at the 9800 pro 128mb old price range of ~399$. So there...
The 499$ for a 9800 XT 256mb isnt as bad as for a 9800 Pro 256mb (ddr2) because of its performance increase and you get HL2 with it.

in retail stores in only 3 days... Kind of funny after getting this message

> Dear Jon C,
>
> Thank you for contacting ATI Customer Service Canada.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
> Your email has been assigned:
> TicketGUID:{9A2A7B5A-08EC-4FB0-B156-28B51F35214C}
>
> Please include the above identifier in all future correspondence
> relating to this ticket. Note: The TicketGUID identifier must appear
> in the message body, not in the subject line.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
>
> Regarding the availability of the Radeon 9800 XT:
>
> Unfortunately the Radeon 9800 XT is a limited edition and at this time is
only available from our online store. Please refer to this link for our
online store - https://buy.ati.com/shopati/
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher Murdock
> Customer Service Canada
> ATI Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.ati.com

I work at CompUSA and I didn't even know the XT shows up on our website until I read this message.
But I did look for price on Radeon 9600 today because I was selling one and it showed the 9600 XT too. So I did some more search and I found out that 9600 XT will be sold for $199 (with cost $162 - that's how much I will pay for it :) and 9800 XT will be sold for $549 at store with $406 cost.
We checked the main system with my manager and it says we should receive it on 10/22. But this number is not always correct so it could be earlier or later.
We also have Half-Life 2 in system but I forgot to check the release date (not that it matters...nobody knows when it will be out). But the price on it is $49.99

Back