A Bad Day In Furry Town

Eejit

The Freeman
Reaction score
God hates furfags??

Although most countries already prohibit sex with animals, a new study finds yet another reason to avoid bestiality. This study, published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, suggests there’s a link between bestiality and penile cancer.

:farmer:

The fact that they call themselves "United Academics" but titled an article "Sex with animals causes penile cancer" when, in the article they have up, they clearly have no causal evidence makes me want to castrate the editor. Statistical correlation =/= causation, asshats. That is shitty science reporting.

Looks like the editor sticking on a shock title, the piece itself does not make that claim. I guess the editor screwed the pooch on this one.

Sexual interaction occurred as often as daily and included animals such as horses, cows, pigs and chickens.

that's baaaad

Is there anything that hasn't been reported to possibly give you cancer these days?

The fact that they call themselves "United Academics" but titled an article "Sex with animals causes penile cancer" when, in the article they have up, they clearly have no causal evidence makes me want to castrate the editor. Statistical correlation =/= causation, asshats. That is shitty science reporting.

So goat f***ers are 50% more likely to have penile cancer but it may be some other aspect of the goatf***ing lifestyle that actually is the culprit. Do you think the causation slip is really worth castration in this instance?

Yeah but but but what if it's the penile cancer that is causing them to **** goats?

So goat f***ers are 50% more likely to have penile cancer but it may be some other aspect of the goatf***ing lifestyle that actually is the culprit. Do you think the causation slip is really worth castration in this instance?

Any number of other factors could easily influence both of those, and until there is solid causal evidence then it's irresponsible to make the claim. It's mostly just that I'm tired as **** of all the jackasses that do 'Science News(TM)' have no clue on how to communicate science in a way that doesn't make it scary or stupid or both.

It's an assumption, but a pretty reasonable one. It's increased cancer rate in the specific organ that is undergoing unusual treatment, it's not much of a stretch.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. Science is not about what 'sounds reasonable' but what can be proven with falsifiable tests. There have been plenty of 'reasonable' assumptions in science that get proven wrong before, and there will be many more in the future.

What does this have to do with furries exactly?

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. Science is not about what 'sounds reasonable' but what can be proven with falsifiable tests. There have been plenty of 'reasonable' assumptions in science that get proven wrong before, and there will be many more in the future.

I'm not saying it's scientifically accurate but it's hardly worth working yourself into a RAEGING FROTH over and demanding someone's castration.

Title made me think TTT and how gay it is hl2.net chat hasn't played it in thirty years. Also furries.

I'm not saying it's scientifically accurate but it's hardly worth working yourself into a RAEGING FROTH over and demanding someone's castration.

It's the paradigm that infuriates me, this is just a specific case of something that is terminally wrong with how science is reporting in the mainstream media. It's all about infotainment, and substance has no place in that industry.

Back