A Brit Guide to Keeping Cool

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
Well, today was hot. Tomorrow will be hotter. Don't even get me started on wednesday!! :O

So, this thread is where you can share any tips you've got on keeping cool whilst suffering stupidly abnormally high temperatures. Personally i've just fully stocked my bedroom fridge with irn-bru and curiosity cola. I've also modified my antec USB desk fan (removed the safety guards from the back and front to dramatically improve airflow, works a treat!!)

I've got the bedroom window open with a powerful fan on the windowledge blowing air into the room, too. That works great. I really really really need to get some air conditioning in my house though.

What are you guys doing to get through this? Any tips? :cheers:

I got up to make some breakfast, and it was already cooked thanks to the heat :p

Window open
Door to rest of house open
Door to garage open
Door to my mind closed

Cold water
Cold coke
Cold larger
Cold shower

Driving test in this heat tomorow

:O

Strip naked and put three ice packs under your back, head and ass.

Window open
Door to rest of house open
Door to garage open
Door to my mind closed

Cold water
Cold coke
Cold larger
Cold shower

Driving test in this heat tomorow

:O
Ah yes, cold showers ... I forgot to mention them ... Absolute bliss! Although always seem to be burning up again as soon as I get out :(

Good luck with the test mate! Just take things easy, go steady, and do not EVER make assumptions. Drive safe, you won't have a problem.

Ah yes, cold showers ... I forgot to mention them ... Absolute bliss! Although always seem to be burning up again as soon as I get out :(

Good luck with the test mate! Just take things easy, go steady, and do not EVER make assumptions. Drive safe, you won't have a problem.

Best thing about the cold shower - step out into room temp. instead of sauna like conditions when hot shower'ing :bounce:

I'll probs end up too stuck to the seat to do anything too dangerous :cheese:

How'd you know?

domokun9ze.gif
keeps me informed
ssh.gif

It's going to be around the 100F mark here by wednesday, that's why I started the thread. Us brits aren't used to this kind of heat! :LOL:

It's going to be around the 100F mark here by wednesday, that's why I started the thread. Us brits aren't used to this kind of heat! :LOL:

Heck, at least it gets me ready for Italy in a few weeks :rolling:

I don't find a problem with the heat as long as i can drink enough and replenish salts.
It's ****ing gay as far as bodybuilding goes.........trying to cut in heat is nigh on impossible, your bodies calorific requirements stoop to like 1500 or something silly.....you can't train much either, you just risk dehydration which in turn stalls body systems and makes it worse.

All you can do is wait until its cooler.

If you're hot and can't fall asleep, show up at my house naked.

No, actually, don't do that. What you SHOULD do, however, is douse a washcloth in water, then sponge yourself on the back with it. Cools you down amazingly well :)

I was sweating like a whore all of today. I can open my room window like a door, and I sit right next to it, but I was still sweating.

I like to flap my ears and throw mud over my back personally.

I like to flap my ears and throw mud over my back personally.

lol r u elephant?

ces5048.JPG

I wish I could open my door. My dad is asleep so I'd wake him up by playing the guitar/typing :( SO HOT!

window is open,

a large fan is next to me, and pointing at me + the cpu. I just played css and pc crashed after 15 mins because of heat (I need to get waterCooling soon).

and.... haha Murray

My dad just called and said its 99 degrees F up in New Hampshire. NEW FREAKING HAMPSHIRE. Hmm, I wonder how hot it was where I am... I never did go outside today...

I thought this thread was about anger management.

Get A/C and don't go outside

Unfortunately the majority of the Uk don't have A/C mainly since these sort of temperatures are not normal at all.

Personally i havent had a day where the the heat actualy bothered me, my plan is to just stay indoors and do as little as possible during the day slumped against my sofa with my laptop playing TFC. However I do that everyday :D

Solar%E2%80%93Powered-Fan-Safari-Hat.JPG

Tbh. I got one of these while in spain, and it's aaaawesome! Look like a prat though with it on.

also I suggest having a cold footbath while sitting at the computer. Will keep you cold for hours.

pff 90-95 is nothing, it was 103 here a few days ago. But what I do to stay cool is to lie down face up on the floor with a ceiling fan, and a couple of floor fans blowing on me as I listen to music on an Ipod.

Tbh. I got one of these while in spain, and it's aaaawesome! Look like a prat though with it on.

also I suggest having a cold footbath while sitting at the computer. Will keep you cold for hours.

I HAD ONE OF THOSE. It was in a baseball cap though. That thing was awesome, and I wore it for the whole summer and couldnt ever find it again.

Ahahaha... what is that on the front? That looks like what I use to mount a flag. That would bring a whole new level of patriotism, to wear a flag on your head. lol.

Ahahaha... what is that on the front? That looks like what I use to mount a flag. That would bring a whole new level of patriotism, to wear a flag on your head. lol.

um... its a fan.

Though on close inspection, I can see that it does not have a cavity for sliding the flag pole down into and securing it.

Yeah, heat is best pwned with AC, or a trip to the pool with friends. Fans are also useful. It's funny, I was watching the BBC World while they were doing weather reports. It was actually hotter in New York than in most of Africa.

You act like that's obvious.. Not all of us wear ridiculous hats. It indeed does look like a flag mount.
Considering the context, it's clearly some kind of device that keeps you cool
The only thing that comes to mind are fans

Considering the context, it's clearly some kind of device that keeps you cool
The only thing that comes to mind are fans

No... considering the context... it was the HAT that I thought was to keep you cool and not whatever gadgets mounted upon it... since it's one of those sun hats that shades the face.

No... considering the context... it was the HAT that I thought was to keep you cool and not whatever gadgets mounted upon it... since it's one of those sun hats that shades the face.
You phail at context

baby-bottom-fan-778626.jpg

I found this. It's called a baby-bottom fan. I'm guessing it's used to cool a baby's bottom.

Back