a host body?

gabriel

Reaction score
does anyone know (or think they know) what breen was talking about with the advisors when he mentioned something about a host body? Since you coudn't hear the advisor's, i want to know what people think they meant by that.

i think that they were talking about using breen as a host body for one of the advisors (which i believe are the true form of the combine). they must have seen what a bad job breen was doing and how panicky he was so maybe they wanted to put a new mind in him so that they could do breen's job but still have that human look so people would trust him/it.

what do you think?

he needed a host body to survive on the world he intended to escape to

search feature! it's fun!

Search sucks. I hate to say it, the boards not exactly brimming with exitement so its ok for him to post i reckon.

You don't here the Advisor because he is telepathic. Breen couldn't survive in the atmosphere of the world they were sending him to so they recomended a host body to survive it. The combine are used to host bodies after becoming dependant on thier technologies etc and they thought humans must be too....well were not.

Its unknown what the outcome of the conversation was or what Breen plans on doing to survive. Suffice to say, he doesn't get there anyway.

Samon said:
Search sucks. I hate to say it, the boards not exactly brimming with exitement so its ok for him to post i reckon.

You don't here the Advisor because he is telepathic. Breen couldn't survive in the atmosphere of the world they were sending him to so they recomended a host body to survive it. The combine are used to host bodies after becoming dependant on thier technologies etc and they thought humans must be too....well were not.

Its unknown what the outcome of the conversation was or what Breen plans on doing to survive. Suffice to say, he doesn't get there anyway.
I'd like to see a good old single-player mod where it turns out that the transporter accident happened in typical style, and he's switching randomly between hosts

So you play as rebels, combine, headcrabs, vortigaunts, striders etc.

And at the end you warp once more: to where you don't know (maybe to death)

Meaning it's hard to contradict canon

In Raising the Bar, there's a picture of a machinized Breen, merged with some Combine life support machine. Perhaps that's what it means by a host body?

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
In Raising the Bar, there's a picture of a machinized Breen, merged with some Combine life support machine. Perhaps that's what it means by a host body?

-Angry Lawyer

Yes could you post some pics of this?

Sufferin-rebel said:
Can u do a scan from it.. to show us?

No scans are not allowed.

I don't think thats thehost body, it says he's undergoing combine immortality treatment. Basically its a bald headed men stuck inside a ....tube.

Originally when you got to the Citadel this was what he would be doing.

Badger you were fast :O

Samon said:
No scans are not allowed.

I don't think thats thehost body, it says he's undergoing combine immortality treatment. Basically its a bald headed men stuck inside a ....tube.

Originally when you got to the Citadel this was what he would be doing.

Badger you were fast :O

ok so if not that, then what is the deal with the host body?

gabriel said:
ok so if not that, then what is the deal with the host body?

We don't know. The outcome of the conversation is unknown. You'll just have to wait and see.

What stops an "immortality machine" from being a host body? All they have to do is make sure he can breathe the atmosphere and survive heat/pressure of whatever world he was being sent to, and he's gone.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
What stops an "immortality machine" from being a host body? All they have to do is make sure he can breathe the atmosphere and survive heat/pressure of whatever world he was being sent to, and he's gone.

-Angry Lawyer

Quite right I suppose, but I just tend to seperate them.

Would you even really want to leave in the first place? Go to a planet like Xen and just like...eat and sleep. No TV. No SKATEBOARDING!?!?!? What would you do to pass the time. I think I'd rather kill myself.

WritingARequiem said:
Would you even really want to leave in the first place? Go to a planet like Xen and just like...eat and sleep. No TV. No SKATEBOARDING!?!?!? What would you do to pass the time. I think I'd rather kill myself.

Well thats up to you I guess. Breen would like to go there and study...

Back