A proper remake of De_Inferno

Gray Fox

Reaction score
First of sorry if this has been posted earlier, I treid the search and didn't find this map anywhere on thease formus, but still I might have missed it.

In any case this is an abslutely beautifull remake of de_Inferno, it looks absolutely beautifull, and is IMO better looking than the Valve made maps.

Anyway here are soem screenies that actually don't do it quit justice but can give a small sample of what you can expect.

deinferno00000ol.jpg

deinferno00035js.jpg

deinferno00069fk.jpg

deinferno00070zg.jpg

deinferno00088nc.jpg

And here is the website of the clan that made it with the download link http://nordlichtclan.ngz-server.de/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14

In any case enjoy yourselfs.

Sorry, but thnx for the heads up DrDevin, anyway here you go.

ya little dark in the screenies, but not bad playing it ^^, i love this map !

yeah i played it - its miles away from a valve made map - so many stock textures used again and again - needs a tonne more variety and also the geometry is extremely basic ..#

just my 2 p worth ...

neh said:
yeah i played it - its miles away from a valve made map - so many stock textures used again and again - needs a tonne more variety and also the geometry is extremely basic ..#

just my 2 p worth ...

aye i feel the same

however it is better than no inferno

Seems too dark, if I remember correctly the first one was lit up quite well

Looks like they ported the cz version of inferno.

Killing2Live said:
Seems too dark, if I remember correctly the first one was lit up quite well
when u take screenshots ingame they look dark
it looks much brighter when u play it :rolling:

seen it before, its quite nice but definatly no where near what valve will do :)

yea it looks good, but when valves inferno will rock with new textures and models just like prodigy did.

Quite a statement to say that it looks better than valve's source remakes. While it's certainly an ok map, Valve would make a much better source version than that.

TrippyG said:
when u take screenshots ingame they look dark
it looks much brighter when u play it :rolling:

Thats because the birghtness setting in game goes away when you close the game.

I think the color scheme could be more.... colorful, but so far it looks like a tight remake! :thumbs:

Its a nice map, but why on earth is it nighttime on the map? Inferno was during the day! And whats with the fog?

I think the night was chosen to add a little more atmosphere, and to show the great shading and lightning effects, and to finally make the nightgogles usefull.
And to me this map does look better then any map valve has released till date for source, yes it's from stock but the amount of detail and polish is incredible and the atmsophere also.

Now thats what i call a remake. GREAT JOB.

Back