a random question of no significance

U

uffishbongo

When I first played HL2 at a friend's house a year and a half ago, I remember this one spot where you're going through a building, and there's this little nook with a wooden post, and if you crowbar the post about 5 black headcrabs fall down. I always thought it was fun to drop a grenade in the nook and watch headcrabs go flying in all directions. Anyway, I got the game for myself a month ago and have played it through a few times and I can't find this place! Kinda minor but it bugs me...Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where this is? I think it's in one of the later levels, like Anticitizen One or Follow Freeman.

I think I know where you mean, its just after Alyx gets captured and you go into the tunnels in the canal, I'm sure its in a little hidden area around a corner, I don't really remember.

I know the place you mean. It's near the end of Anticitizen 1.

OK, so right after Alyx gets captured you go down into an underground area, right. After fighting off some manhacks and engaging several Combine soldiers in a stairwell, you make your way into another area where you have to kill a poison headcrab and grav-gun the bolt off of a door from the other side. Then, you will find yourself on a ledge overlooking a battle between Combine and zombies in an underground canal. take a right and then take a left through the corridor and you will reach a spot where there are two barnacles hanging from a low ceiling. In fact, you'll see one of them trapping and eating a Combine soldier as you round the corner. Go under that barnacle and continue along the same path and you will soon reach the post in question.

eh, lol, he double posted in the combine home world thread too..(try using edit button)

and not to be bad or anything, but a forum is not like a chat service, when you post something, its gotta have some meaning and not something so random (unless its general chat or newbie forums), i think..;)

He has been warned, it wasn't going unnoticed I assure you.

I can honestly say I don't remember this point in HL2, so I'm glad someone else helped. Although that gives me the incentive to play through later chapters again!

you mean this?

alakaaf1.jpg

beelineropevg4.jpg

I never noticed it.

Cool.

Always something new to notice in the world of HL2, eh? The latest "new" thing I stumbled across, on my third play through, was the spectacle of three Metrocops getting flattened by a razor train in "Route Canal."

Hillarious.

Always something new to notice in the world of HL2, eh? The latest "new" thing I stumbled across, on my third play through, was the spectacle of three Metrocops getting flattened by a razor train in "Route Canal."

Hillarious.

Without the community, you may not be able to find out all the secret in HL2 in your LIFETIME. I have just noticed that the small teleporter in Kleiner's lab will explode if Gordon use it too much.

Without the community, you may not be able to find out all the secret in HL2 in your LIFETIME. I have just noticed that the small teleporter in Kleiner's lab will explode if Gordon use it too much.

Awesome, I just jammed it with a CRT display :p

I found an easter egg in HL1 yesterday. Considering I've played it for like six years constantly, that's pretty impressive.

I found an easter egg in HL1 yesterday. Considering I've played it for like six years constantly, that's pretty impressive.

whered you find it. i might install it again and look for it

Back