a video of the Hunter and some Houndeyes

Main Offender

Reaction score
this took ages... :x :rolling: :x

The idea that the Hunters are synth Houndeyes may be crackpot to some of you but it struck a cord with me. I realised that the jump that the Hunter makes at Dr. Mossman's camera in Episode 1 was like the Houndeye attack in Half-Life.

So I went and made a video that shows what I mean. Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0l60z2

Some of you will look at this and think "hmmmmm".

Others will laugh.

:p

this took ages... :x :rolling: :x

The idea that the Hunters are synth Houndeyes may be crackpot to some of you but it struck a cord with me. I realised that the jump that the Hunter makes at Dr. Mossman's camera in Episode 1 was like the Houndeye attack in Half-Life.

So I went and made a video that shows what I mean. Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0l60z2

Some of you will look at this and think "hmmmmm".

Others will laugh.

:p

Since you put effort into this I won't flame you but, I will laugh.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just don't see it mate. Besides, there is less than 2 seconds of footage of a hunter about to attack. It just seems unclear to me his attack style to declare it similar to houndeyes.

I could plainly see what he was getting at.

I can see how these might be a synthed houndeye.

its the way they both plant their feet in the ground when they attack

ZOMG HUNT3R5 N HOUN3Y35 BOTH HAVE 3 LEGS DEY ARE TEH SMAE!
CRAB SYNTHS ARE H3ADCRABS LOALWLZ TEH ZOMG! :rolleyes:

You people make me sick. I can't wait for when VALVe release the 7-hour war and you see your wrong! :flame:

ZOMG HUNT3R5 N HOUN3Y35 BOTH HAVE 3 LEGS DEY ARE TEH SMAE!
CRAB SYNTHS ARE H3ADCRABS LOALWLZ TEH ZOMG! :rolleyes:

You people make me sick. I can't wait for when VALVe release the 7-hour war and you see your wrong! :flame:
wut the hell is zomg anyway..god i hate that word

Is it me, being someone who never played HL1, or is the Houndeye just mentally retarded?

I can see the similarity between the getting-ready-to-pounce animations.

Ridge, would you like to expand on the subject of Houndeye's mental reterdation? Or would you rather play Half-Life 1 to gain an understanding of aforementioned specie?

-- Mikael Grizzly

I think the only similarity is that technically it may have been inspired by the Houndeye, but I think designer inspiration is as far as the coincidence goes.

Look at the facts. Houndeye has three cute titchy legs, and a long body, covered in eyes and a jaw.

That Hunter has a small oval shaped body thats bigger upwards rather than longways. Its legs are massive, and it only has two eyes. There is no proof of it planting its feet on the ground when it attacks (hunter). One part of the trailer shows one stand still while shooting. OMG standing still while shooting for better accuracy OMG why don't humans do that? :O

As to the 7-hour war, VALVe are working on a third-person tactical shooter...

EDIT: And even if they weren't in the 7-hour war, the Combine are conquering and absorbing species even as HL2 was hapening. You don't think there is the slightest chance of the Hunter being one of these?

Back