About Half-Life 2 Gold / Release Date Posts...

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
There have been several fake "Half-Life 2 Gone Gold!" posts made in forums across the community by people masquerading as Gabe. When Half-Life 2 goes gold, it will be announced via a wide-spread press release. It will be posted many, many places, including the news here and at www.half-life2.com.

You'll also hear a collective cheer rise up from the Bellevue area, if you're within a few hundred miles.

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133444

I posted this just incase most of you all are still confused about this "Fools Gold." So if you see another post as someone who claims they work for/at VALVe and there is no Media Outrage, then it isn't real.

Thank you.

Lol, first time I hear about this post.

You'll also hear a collective cheer rise up from the Bellevue area, if you're within a few hundred miles.

Awww, I need more details, details.

And I will be part of that cheer. Whee!

Wait... Valve is in Bellevue??? Holy shazbot! When can I come down and visit? :D

Too lazy to click on the link and read the original post, i'll take your word for it...:sleep:

ok, I'm confused... are you smash (the mod at steampowered) ?? And wtf is steampower.com? International Association for the Advancement of Steam Power?

I dont think the problem is people making "Gone Gold" posts. They post stuff like "Half Life 2 will be going gold on...". Thats the issue.

Well that and the idea that it is funny to some people to inflate others hopes to extremely high levels, only to then have them burst by the correct authorities.

Sean said:
And I will be part of that cheer. Whee!

Wait... Valve is in Bellevue??? Holy shazbot! When can I come down and visit? :D

Wait until HL2 is out then email Gabe about coming there to see how the gaming world works.

so perhaps this means Gabe and the rest of Valve will be contacting gaming sites to release new info from now on instead of posting at various gaming forums? hmm... i guess thats a good thing...at least we won't be getting fake announcements that way.. :|

The issue isn't so much regarding the fake Going Gold posts, but rather speculation on when the game really is going to be released to Vivendi.

Anyone here from Bellevue?

Tell us in advance if there are any load cheering voices at night in the coming days...;)

lemmingzappa said:
YEA ITS A SHAME YOUR A FAKE USER !
Since when did steampowered change to steampower....????

Could you cram your foot just a little further in your mouth?

Post this as news here maybe?

Any moderators around?... :E

It would be a good way of stopping alot of potential morons from trying fake posts.

I work in Bellevue. Valve's office is down the street, literally.

Anybody else in the area want to pitch in and buy 'em pizza? :D

why havnt you gone on a valve visit Orifice! (ask em about the second test while youre there :D)

Because the visit thing's been done to death already.

Besides, they're trying to get HL2 out the door. Every minute they're giving me a tour is a minute longer I have to wait for HL2.

I do want to visit, but I also want to bring 'em something like pizza or dessert. Gotta share the love. Trust me, nothing perks up spirits in the office like a stack of Papa John's or Krispy Kremes. (That's donuts for you Brits.)

lemmingzappa said:
YEA ITS A SHAME YOUR A FAKE USER !
Since when did steampowered change to steampower....????

I'll say it again. That DEFINATLY is smash the mod.... ok thanks

seinfeldrules said:
hahaha corona cali. What a crazy place.

:naughty:

It's a great place. And yes, I'm smash. I was fooling around with the VBCode in my sig last night and I guess I deleted the ed. :rolling:

in the NEXT 6 weeks we will see the game holy moly this game is far from being finnished

Mrmanwithsuit said:
in the NEXT 6 weeks we will see the game holy moly this game is far from being finnished
The game is basically finished, right now I suspect they are just putting the finishing touches on by eliminating the last few bugs they can find, that could take maybe another week. Then After that the game goes gold, the time it takes for the game to be produced and then shipped to stores could take up to 3 or more weeks.

So even once the game is completely 100% finished they won't be able to start selling it for a few more weeks.

The Mullinator said:
So even once the game is completely 100% finished they won't be able to start selling it for a few more weeks.

How long did Doom3 take to ship once it went Gold? 3 weeks?

GorgeousOrifice said:
I work in Bellevue. Valve's office is down the street, literally.

Anybody else in the area want to pitch in and buy 'em pizza? :D
I'm down with that. :D

How long after the gold date will the steam version be playable?

Back