About Half-Life 2 Gold / Release Date Posts

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smash, moderator at the SteamPowered forums has posted on our forums to inform us of some information given to us from Valve's Chris Bokitch. In the light of the recent fake posts from people posing as Valve Software staff, this announcement from Chris should certainly help us to know what to look out for in the future:
There have been several fake "Half-Life 2 Gone Gold!" posts made in forums across the community by people masquerading as Gabe. When Half-Life 2 goes gold, it will be announced via a wide-spread press release. It will be posted many, many places, including the news here and at half-life2.com.[br]
[br]
You'll also hear a collective cheer rise up from the Bellevue area, if you're within a few hundred miles.
So it's back to the waiting game, however, if all official estimations so far are true then we should be seeing Half-Life 2 in the next six weeks and the waiting game is nearly over... Watch this space.[br]You can find Chris' original forum post here.

bah the waiting game sucks...
LET'S PLAY HUNGRY-HUNGRY-HIPPO!!!

Now, we need to wait for valve statement on the release date and that hopfully won't take long :) cheers Chris for the news.

Doombringer said:
Six weeks? Who gave that guesstimate?
I did based on the fact that the last official word Valve had was "Summer/Fall"

"Fall" could have us waiting til November!

Uhg-gh. I can't take waiting.

Yeah, waiting sucks...

Anyone thinks they could guess 3d Realms George Broussard's password?
[joke]

no, its a real legit pic, if u live in australia go and buy it.
I dont know how true it is but its def not fake..

Actually fall lasts until December 21st. And the date in that magazine pic is the date the next issue comes out, not a HL2 release date.

Cunni said:
Actually fall lasts until December 21st. And the date in that magazine pic is the date the next issue comes out, not a HL2 release date.
I didnt say anything about release date, i was trying to point out that is says ITS DONE

Tight man i wish i lived in bellview so i could hear the cheer haah =D

I suspect it says "ITS" instead of "IT'S" because the " ' " would not look as good, and it is such a minor grammarical error that they would rather it look good than try and be perfectly correct in the grammer.

thanks for the info.. I got quite excited.. but i had a feeling it was a hoax...
after waiting nearly a year.. six weeks is nowt :)

I just hope it hasn't been over hyped.. :/

that really is no fake?? hard to believe. ;) maybe they got information from valve that it will be definitely done by then. who knows..

gold at the end of sept. would mean end of october release. *grml* still some time to wait :(

svet-am said:
Gosh, and I thought Aussies spoke 'the Queen's English'

the ad should be written "IT'S DONE" *not* "ITS DONE"

Should be written 'TIS DONE!

The gag is... The fake announcement _was_ posted on this site! :rolleyes:

"You'll also hear a collective cheer rise up from the Bellevue area, if you're within a few hundred miles."

sorry, i don't understand that? what does it mean said as easier? sorry, i got bad english :p

first it was september 30th, right before they changed it to november, then the REAL theft happened and they said april definately april, hl 2 in april along with doom 3 sims 2 gran turismo 4 and halo 2, then they pushed it ALL back in march and february... then they said half life 2 in summer, we're definatley looking at summer, absolutely middle of summer, july 2, i got my first job at 15, made enough money to get my computer i told you about before.... then they said august, definately august... then they said wellllll it'lll go GOLD in august, we're looking at a few days before or after the beginning of fall... HL2 PRELOAD ON FRIDAY!... uh, well, MONDAY, HL2 PRELOAD ON MONDAY!!! nope , they pushed it back AGAIN!!!! HALF LIFE 2 GOLD ON MONDAY!!! ... nope, just a hoax! september 1? is it really? NOPE! uhhh... 6 weeks! yeah, uhh, 6 weeks now!

THEY SAID 6 WEEKS 6 WEEKS AGO!!!! THEY KEEP PUSHING IT BACK!!! EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE HAS BEEN GIVEN A GENERAL RELEASE DATE BUT THIS ONE!!!

please, just give us a release date like september, or october, or tell us the damn truth already, tell us holiday season! tell us december!!! WILL HALF LIFE 2 BE OUT BY THE TIME DOOM 4 COMES OUT??????!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE, JUST TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, watching the republican national convention...

VOTE BUSH '04!!!

haha, that's funny, i am soooo hyped for half life 2, i told my dad that if i don't get it on the first two days, then i'm going to run away from home! haha, i'm going to lock myself in my room for days and nights, drink coffee every once in a while, and come out after 5 full days of playing, dark circles around my eyes, and say to my dad... 'that was the best game i've ever played...'

joshwaloveslotr said:
first it was september 30th, right before they changed it to november, then the REAL theft happened and they said april definately april, hl 2 in april along with doom 3 sims 2 gran turismo 4 and halo 2, then they pushed it ALL back in march and february... then they said half life 2 in summer, we're definatley looking at summer, absolutely middle of summer, july 2, i got my first job at 15, made enough money to get my computer i told you about before.... then they said august, definately august... then they said wellllll it'lll go GOLD in august, we're looking at a few days before or after the beginning of fall... HL2 PRELOAD ON FRIDAY!... uh, well, MONDAY, HL2 PRELOAD ON MONDAY!!! nope , they pushed it back AGAIN!!!! HALF LIFE 2 GOLD ON MONDAY!!! ... nope, just a hoax! september 1? is it really? NOPE! uhhh... 6 weeks! yeah, uhh, 6 weeks now!

THEY SAID 6 WEEKS 6 WEEKS AGO!!!! THEY KEEP PUSHING IT BACK!!! EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE HAS BEEN GIVEN A GENERAL RELEASE DATE BUT THIS ONE!!!

please, just give us a release date like september, or october, or tell us the damn truth already, tell us holiday season! tell us december!!! WILL HALF LIFE 2 BE OUT BY THE TIME DOOM 4 COMES OUT??????!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE, JUST TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, watching the republican national convention...

VOTE BUSH '04!!!

He's right ya know, the marketing boys over at Valve are always making dates up, irrespective of whether the software people are on the same wavelength. How many 10's of times has Gabe, or someone else from marketing at Valve or Vivendi, come out and given us a date for the release of HL2-related material, only for the date to come along and nothing happens. Only long after that date has passed does someone at Valve or Vivendi come out and blame it on some sort of delay.

well i dont want half life 2 to come out until i get my computer so on no account can it come out in 1-4 weeks

The Mullinator said:
Ha! We have nothing on Duke Nukem forever fans.

Haha :D

The entire gaming industry is pwned by those waiting for the second coming of christ though.

Back