Accoring to the store managers from EB going to have to wait!

O

OctopusPuke

New Info!! Looks like we are all going to have to wait!

No i dont know if this is true....and it could just be my fellow employees busting my balls, but I work at Gamestop and there is a conference every year that all the store managers from EB and gamestop and bunch of pther places goto. This conference is kinnda like E3. The guys i work with told me that the manager called and told them that Valve was at the conference and announced that they are trying to get the game out by the holidays, but it looks like it may even slip into next year.
I hope this is not true and pray to christ himself that the game is not delayed. Although I do hope that if it is delayed they are just fixing the game so that it will run well on Gforce Fx 5900 cards.

Noo!!! Holy flaming hotcakes!

Then again it could be just another one of those posts...

Surely it'd have been Vivendi at the conference, not Valve?

Another guy said the same thing in the planethalflife forums.

eeueuuuuuuuuaaaaaaarrrrr????

How could it slip into next year? All they're doing is playtesting it. And a delay this big wouldn't likely be announced within 1 week of the supposed release date.

i dont see valve at a gamestop conference, but then again i dont know anything about it. it doesnt seem to fit though

trying not to be blinded by my want for the game to not be delayed, but as soon as you mentioned EB, it kinda lost all credibility

Face it, the game is delayed. We can still hope for 9/30 until an official statement, but you might as well start to lower your hopes.

Give this post a few more minutes before it get erased... as always wheres your proof?????

The same Gamestop that has insisted for ages that HL2 isn't coming out until February next year? Yeah. Reaaaaaaal convincing.

Originally posted by not28
Face it, the game is delayed. We can still hope for 9/30 until an official statement, but you might as well start to lower your hopes.

Since when do you work at VALVe?

Its not whether its delayed, its whether it would slip into next year that is the odd part. I cant see any possible situation which would cause that, other than a major overhaul.

changed the topic title to make it better suited, leaving this open for the moment unless it goes out of hand :)

like i said in another thread, how many times in history has a game company announced that their game would be delayed less than a week before the original planned release date?

/me prays to the god known as Gabe for guidance in these difficult times

I have proof that half life 2 wont be released until March 32, 2008:

My dog (who is very shy) told me this morning. My parrot also confirmed it too. Both of them are never wrong.

o man that sux. i would have to refocus my attention to halo for pc and console gaming for awhile :x

heh yeah valve popped by the retailers meeting to have a chat about how their game isn't done and, even though as soon as it leaves their office it hasn't got anything to do with them, they felt it neccesary to take off time from their busy schedule to tell a bunch of salesmen about the game their publisher wont be publishing any time soon. cool.

like someone said earlier, the closer we get to sept. 30, the higher the probability it will come out on that date; jesus, just think of the uprising we'd have if it were officially delayed three days before its release

This just in:

****ING EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING THAT IF THEY WORK FOR A STORE. THIS IS OLD ****ING NEWS AND NOBODY CARES! LOCK THIS BEAST!

I thought the Sticky called Delay Threads said that these threads would result in a ban...an now theres like three of them....

Mods!Mods!

Could you please change the name 'General Discussion' to 'Delay Discussion'? Thx.

Uhm yeah, I'm the janitor at valve, I heard that big dude saying that the game can't come out on 30 of september or something.

I can't wait any longer for this damn game.....god I don't want it to be delayed...wahhhhhh. I don't care if it's buggy as HELL. JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING

I've now heard this on multiple boards. I'm starting to think it may in fact be true. Hope not.

Originally posted by Legend
I've now heard this on multiple boards. I'm starting to think it may in fact be true. Hope not.

Don't think like that, only hurts you mentally.. :p

Only 7days left to tell..

Originally posted by poseyjmac
like i said in another thread, how many times in history has a game company announced that their game would be delayed less than a week before the original planned release date?

Its Valve?

Originally posted by nw909
Since when do you work at VALVe?
Did I GUARANTEE it was delayed? No, I just said to stop living by the 9/30 date, because it's probably not going to happen. Geez, you people won't accept any opinion short of Gabe Newell's himself.

This is what Fragmaster was referring to you know.

It is possible that they thought the game would be delayed but then it turned out that the game wasn't going to be delayed.

From: gabio | Posted: 9/22/2003 7:48:41 PM | Message Detail
Okay, this is certainly not news to those of us that pay attention, but this is to clarify the absolute truth on Half-life 2's release date.

I just returned from the Gamestop managers conference, where Valve made a public statement that the game would not ship on 9/30. They went on to say that they are not withholding any information, they simply don't know exactly when it will be done, but that they're trying very hard to get it on store shelves by christmas.

Hopefully that will clear everything up.

I just found that on another message board I frequent... this isn't looking good.

Topic: Half Life 2 is not going to make 9/30

tenaciousdave states:

"I was at a conference this weekend and Valve sponsored one of the lunches. They had one of the devs announce that it wan't going to make the 9/30 date and hope to get it out this year."

Max Damage-sama states:

"I just did a little research into my piece of info there. The guy is a highly reputable source, respected at Halflife2.net, and has actual photo proof of himself at the Valve officies and with the dev team.

I somehow doubt he'd be spreading rumours after getting that kind of scoop ;-)

I'm not a betting man... but if I had to, I'd wager about a 70% chance of this report being true, and that those who do choose to use Steam will have HL2 on their PCs, already installed and ready to play on launch day."

source:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=6549&tid=1168174

:/ please god, dont let this be true, bad enough waiting for Lo-Mac, I was hoping valve could show ubisoft how to release a game on time

4 different people on 3 different forums. This is really looking bad, guys.

if there is a delay it is because of distrobution, and will be out oct - nov

the game is all but done. there is no way it will halt release till 04

Someone email Gabe, ask if this conference really took place.

I am by no means trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. I think it's about time people accepted that the game simply isn't ready for September 30th release.

Also, I think VALVe has done a horrible job at keeping us informed; resorting to vague answers and giving their fans the run-a-round whenever possible.

Back