Adam, how's your HL2 Techdemo project (pt2) coming along?

omlette

Reaction score
Just curious and can't find your other thread to post in. :cheers:

Originally posted by Adam
Im hiding the avatars ;)

Awesome. Heh, feel free to send a beta my way, I'd love to bugtest or something. I'm deathly bored looking for new HL(2) related stuff.

[begin hopeless plea] [email protected] [/end hopeless plea]

Eyes are for looking. Search is for searching. And if he'd finished it'd be posted!

I think he said it'd take him a few days so we probably won't see it til the weekend or after.

Originally posted by Chris_D
Eyes are for looking. Search is for searching. And if he'd finished it'd be posted!

I think he said it'd take him a few days so we probably won't see it til the weekend or after.

it's delayed ;(

Yes, it should do.

EDIT: I was thinking about Gabe's old "No comment" thing a bit earlier. You know he didn't answer all the questions in the halflife2.net interview, maybe he just didn't answer that one. I mean, saying "no comment" and not saying anything are different things.

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
er will it work with the steam version of half life?
I assume putting it in the maps directory would do the trick...

You remember what I told you... if the TJI team isnt in there I will devour your flesh!

/me shakes fist at Adam like old man

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
um, so, whats this thread about exactly?

I'm extending my original HL2_Techdemo map to include the entire techdemo area this time. Plus, I'm including an exclusive for HalfLife2.net forum users. An avatar easter egg hunt. People who submitted their avatars to me in the thread about this before had them added to my custom .wad file for me to hide throughout the map for them to find when the map is released.

Sweet, so it's going to include what you did before? I didn't get a chance to play that one...

aw crap, so does that mean i was too late to put my av in? dammit, i hate school! it ruins all your chances of being put into a mod...*grumble*...

Adam - Can you put the map somewhere other than fileplanet? Waiting in line blows. I can host it on my site if you'd like...

Adam, if you ask Munro, Abomination or D33 nicely they'll probably upload it on HL2.Net for you.

omfg... I just waited 2 hours and the line resets. Anyone have Adams new map?

If so, please email me it... thanks.
[email protected]

:( @ the line resetting on me

Originally posted by Chris_D
Adam, if you ask Munro, Abomination or D33 nicely they'll probably upload it on HL2.Net for you.

Heh, I wish. I don't have uploading rights, unfortunately. But yeah, talk to D33, Munro or any other admin and I'm sure they'll upload it.

Hahah Adam, who knew I would be running into you again? =O)

I didnt realize you were the one that made that HL1 tech demo thing...

I put the map in the half-life/valve/map folder and I tried creating a game on steam and I see like 10 or so maps but I dont see the techdemo map

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
go to internet gaems and create a new one.

its not meant to be a multiplayer map, open the console and do "map mapname.bsp" to load it properly.

damnit.. I put the hl2_techdemo.bsp file in d:\halflife\valve\maps\
and the damn steam cant detect it.. btw where are all the maps stored for steam?? when I look in the d:\halflife\valve\maps\ folder, I only see like 3 other maps other than the techdemo map I put in..

Back