addicted of Half Life 2?

azumi

Reaction score
Hey!

Just signed up here so treat me well :imu:

I, as many others, played HL2 and enjoyed it extremly much, but I never thought I'd be this addicted?! I can't let a day go buy without searching for new mods or the latest news concerning HL2 and the making of a future HL3.

My friends thinks I'm the biggest nerd ever alive (who can blame them? :p) specially since I'm a girl (we all know that computergames is more a guy thing, although I'm here to change that :D) and I don't know myself why the game became so addicting. I've played games before that I've liked but when it was over I just let it pass. With HL2 I miss the charactes and I even dream about them o0

Have I totally lost it or am I just a great fan? :LOL:

azumi said:
specially since I'm a girl

You've got my attention.:p

Welcome to HalfLife2.net azumi. Hope you have a long stay!! Your not the only person whos been Half-Lifeinated.

God, I'm a geek...

Someone will probably have to drag me out of this place if they don't want me here ;)
Nice to find people to share my interest with, the more the marrier as they use to say!

i cant stop playing this game. i dont know if i ever will stop replaying it.

Yeah. HL2's wicked...

I basically come to this site regularly (as in multiple times a day) to see what new updates are up.

Don't know why I'm so excited for an update. Probably because I've beaten HL2 multiple times and it's time for a mod that will satisfy my hunger.

For now, it's still garry's mod, HL2 capture the flag, a LITTLE substance and maybe pilotable strider.

Later.

Yes know that feeling ;)

I'm on a constant journey to find as much information and funny mods as possible. This is really an addiction. I wonder when it's time to seek help? :p

azumi said:
Yes know that feeling ;)

I'm on a constant journey to find as much information and funny mods as possible. This is really an addiction. I wonder when it's time to seek help? :p
Well if you dress up as a combine or start making plush headcrabs and attaching popsicle sticks to your knuckles to look like zombie claws it may be time.
(don't laugh, both are realities here on HL2.net)

haha it's hard not to laugh but at the same time, I can't blame those who does that kind of things. Probably their way to express the love they feel for Gordon and the rest ;)

Me, on the other hand, has not let it go that far. But I wish there where more to it, like big HL2 get-togethers here in Sweden. Haven't seen many of those though :(

Who did the stick-on-finger thing? were there pictures? I need them for my movie about geeks.

hmm just realized that it should be addicted TO Half Life 2 instead of "of". Well.. I'm swedish :p

Well, unfortunately, that is not me in the attachment. But it's an idea. I'll probably do something similar on the last day of school, I'll send pictures. I swear.

On a more serious note, I plan on buying the original Half-Life today, and playing through it and its expansions, in a glorious, night-long Half-Life orgy.

azumi said:
hmm just realized that it should be addicted TO Half Life 2 instead of "of". Well.. I'm swedish :p

Lol, I just wanted to say that :]

azumi said:
And what could be better than being Swedish? :cheers:
TheSock: Good for you buddy! Ain't nothing quite like it.

I wrote it just in time then Stinger.aim92 ;)

Anyone who been to some kind of fair where HL2 was the main theme? Wonder if that even exists.. sure hope so =D

AJ Rimmer said:
And what could be better than being Swedish? :cheers:
TheSock: Good for you buddy! Ain't nothing quite like it.

Quite true.

My first play-through of Half-Life 2 consisted of two, uninterrupted, 15+ hour sessions of orgasmic gaming goodness. The first being from 12am-3pm, the second 12am-5pm the next morning.

no being swedish is really great. Accept the fact that we are about one year late with everything, so it's good to have the internet and the right contacts ;)

Yes I also played in a obscene long time, think I played for like 7 hours or something... I was pretty tired after that. And as u probably allready noticed, you DO feel sick after playing HL2. I don't know how many times I felt like throwing up :/ But it was worth it! :)

azumi said:
no being swedish is really great. Accept the fact that we are about one year late with everything, so it's good to have the internet and the right contacts ;)
That and the fact that it's always 13 degrees and cloudy but apart from those two things it's all good...

time to sleep here, it's getting late in sweden and I've had a long day.

You allready know that I'll be here again tomorrow ;)

Hey Azumi, welcome to the HL2 world. Regarding the motion sickness problem you were suffering...here's a little tip I found works wonders.

Get a small table lamp and shine the light on the wall behind the monitor, this makes your pupils contract and stops the screen raping your senses too much.

The sickness seems to be something to do with the way the light from the screen "moves", obviously to provide the illusion of movement. Your eyes also process this "movement" making your body's balance perception react, in contradiction to your nerves in your body saying that you are in fact, stationary. The conflict this causes in your brain makes you feel slightly woozy.

Seriously though, the light on the wall behind the monitor should help lots.

ICQ or MSN me if you're delving into HL2 Deathmatch or CS Source. I'll gladly join you for a game or three.

Until then.

Peace.

Hey! Thanks for the tips! :)

I always hade one light on and a big bottle of water beside me, so I could drink water as much as I needed. That helped a lot :)

Yarr, important note to my suggestion above....Don't have the light shining behind you on the screen...you get reflections...not good...

Put the light next to the monitor facing AWAY from you, so all the light is bounced off the wall.

Just in case that wasn't clear.

Taking a break for a few minutes every hour or so is also recommended.

A friend of mine had the motion sickness problem, and there are some huuuge threads about it at steampowered. One of the things people came up with, if it's really bad, is to make sure the game is running at the same refresh rate as your monitor by adding a command line parameter "-refresh 75" if your monitor is at 75, etc.

Another method was to increase the fov to 90 (I think HL2 defaults to 75 which is less than normal for fps). I think the command is just fov_whatever.

Girl?

*runs and hides*

Hahah, kidding. Welcome to Halflife2.net, enjoy your stay. Is Olaf Peterson a common name in your country, or am i seeing too much Red Dwarf?

haha olaf sounds more like norwegian to me :) So you have probably seen to much red dwarf yes ;)

I read somewhere that one of the maker of the game actually threw up after playing too much HL2, that's kind of funny :p That even the maker gets sick by playing to much haha.

I think it's recomended to take 10 minutes break for every hour you play, although that never happens :p I recently played Star Wars republic commando and played for 7 hours straight. Maybe I took 10 min break every second or third hour, but hardly every hour ;)

Wow, we're really doing well at dispelling the geeky air around gaming, here... :rolleyes:

haha hey kenny (omg they've killed kenny - the bastards!! <-- southpark, another thing I love), never met a girl who loved hl2 before? ;) Maybe not that usual huh... :p

Yep there sure is a lot of people who connect all the "geekiness" in the world with gaming. I think there's a diffrent between gaming and gaming. Sure if u sit day in and day out, never leave your computer and bearly eat, that might be a little bit over the top.
But as long as you play "healthy" I don't see the problem? More geeks to the world =D

Time to rehash an old quote... but i don't know who by.

*If gaming affected gamers, then we'd all be sitting in dark rooms crunching pills and listening to tinny, repedative music. Wait, scratch that though*

Is that dispelling the geeky air?

Jintor said:
Girl?

*runs and hides*

Hahah, kidding. Welcome to Halflife2.net, enjoy your stay. Is Olaf Peterson a common name in your country, or am i seeing too much Red Dwarf?
Must... correct... HL2 geekiness...fighting over Red Dwarf geekiness... Red Dwarf... is... winning... ARGHHH!!!
Petersen is from Denmark!!!!

Ahhh, I've been in my computer room too long....
The light! It burns.
Welcome, when i posted it's your 17th, but i know you posted on first

welcome to the forums azumi, the only thing better than HL is sex, and driving really really fast.

btw, some mods to to watch out for would be Black Mesa:Source and Fortress Forever, also, there is one i'm personally taking interest in, Ground Zero

Jesus christ lads. chill out its just a girl :)

o and back to the point of the thread.

Hey Az,

Back