adding a steam icon to my mod

D

Doctor Strange!

I've been wrestling with this problem all day and for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have already created the icon "steam_icon" and placed it in my resource folder. To see if it was my icon that was the problem, I replaced it with the Empires icon and it works for that game.

Code:
"GameInfo"
{
	game	"mymod"
	title	"mymod"
	type multiplayer_only
	nomodels 0
	nohimodel 1
	nocrosshair 1
	hidden_maps
	icon "resource\steam_icon"

{
	"test_speakers" 1
	"test_hardware" 1
	}

FileSystem
	{
		SteamAppId				220		// This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
		ToolsAppId				211		// Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

//
		// The code that loads this file automatically does a few things here:
		//
		// 1. For each "Game" search path, it adds a "GameBin" path, in <dir>\bin
		// 2. For each "Game" search path, it adds another "Game" path in front of it with _<langage> at the end.
		//    For example: c:\hl2\cstrike on a french machine would get a c:\hl2\cstrike_french path added to it.
		// 3. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "MOD".
		// 4. For the first "Game" search path, it adds a search path called "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH".
		//

//
		// Search paths are relative to the base directory, which is where hl2.exe is found.
		//
		// |gameinfo_path| points at the directory where gameinfo.txt is.
		// We always want to mount that directory relative to gameinfo.txt, so
		// people can mount stuff in c:\mymod, and the main game resources are in
		// someplace like c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\half-life 2.
		//
		SearchPaths
		{
			Game				|gameinfo_path|.
			Game				hl2mp
			Game				hl2
		}
	}
}

Oh, and I'm also trying to set a default spray for my mod, is there any way I can do this?

In the folder of your mod, you should have a folder called "resource". In this folder, you should put a TGA file the size of 16X16 with your logo on it. Call the TGA file steam_icon. (Don't forget the extension, lol)

Also, check if the TGA file is 32-bit.

The tga file works, I replaced my empires steam icon with my custom one and it worked there. What I ended up doing is using my GMOD gameinfo and editing my mod name in it and put it into my mods file and it ended up working. I'm happy I got it working but i'd like to know what I did wrong for future reference.

Back