Adrenaline Gamer 2 announced!!!!!

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Adrenaline Gamer 2

CHiNX is putting together a team to make Adrenaline Gamer 2 for the new Source engine.
I signed up to get the code started and setup the basic match functions that we got in AG today. Beyond that is up the rest of the team.
I'm sure this will be bring the community together once again since there are no deathmatch shipped in HL2.

Happy fragging in the Source engine :)

Source: http://www.planethalflife.com/agmod/

Now this is something i cant wait for.

This is good news. That was always a fun mod in HL1.

Ag for hl1 was probably the most fun mp mod. Couldnt stop playing it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
what is Adrenaline Gamer?

Mr. Redundant said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
what is Adrenaline Gamer?

AG is a mod for HL1. It features several DM modes like Last man /team standing, 1on1 tournament, and plain DM. Usually you start of with all weapons loaded to the max and a LJ module. Veeeery funny. In terms of players pretty much the Championsleague of HL (and probably other FPS) gaming.

I am happy to hear it will be back.

Haven't played it/heard of it :(

The way fluX just explained it, sounds like a boring hldm mod where everyone just uses the best weapon.

I'll stick with hldm.

No, its not like that. You start with all weapons and everyone uses all of them. Its like a pro mod. Bunny Hoping is like it was back in the 1st Half-Life versions. A lot more maps. Over 20 game modes. (One of them is when you kill someone your life and armore get back to 100) Very nice voting system. Its like the Rocket Arena for Half-Life. (Rocket Arena = Quake 3 mod) EXTREAMLY FUN!

good luck, but im not into the crazy fast paced action of games of that type. im more into dod, but im really looking forward to someone makeing a mod that incorporates realistic cars, settings, and weapons. i envision stylistic fast-paced car chases like ronin mixed in with gunfights similar to heat. and yes, deniro is the man.

whoever is developing this ag2 mod. good luck! ill download it the moment its ready!!!!!!!!!!

wbcninjaofmist said:
whoever is developing this ag2 mod. good luck! ill download it the moment its ready!!!!!!!!!!

It's not so hard to develop, as far as I see it, basically structural programming - so it should be pretty fast to do it. Can't wait, too... :)

Hah! AG now is just some little tweaks on top of HLDM, how do you expect them to make a full mod?

True, hopefully they've beefed up their staff or it'll be quite awhile before release.

I hope to see alot of physics involved weapons!

:)

Hah! AG now is just some little tweaks on top of HLDM, how do you expect them to make a full mod?

AG isnt just tweaked HLDM, it has different game modes and features unique maps. They are more than capable of creating a sequel and who the hell are you to judge them anyway?

Besides, they are gonna bring in new team members, what are you worried about?

They had better bring in a lot of new team members on the departments where they are lacking. Did you check their team list? They've almost only got mappers. They've only got one guy on 'graphics' and then some misc. people who only did small jobs. This might've been enough for a great HL1 mod, but hardly is enough for a good mod for HL2 in early modmaking stages. I suppose they might've lost a lot of team members since they started it, though. Or perhaps the "mappers" are more than just that.

Edit: What I meant to say is; don't think this will surely be a great substitute for HLDM, should it not be released.

Sharrd said:
They had better bring in a lot of new team members on the departments where they are lacking. Did you check their team list? They've almost only got mappers. They've only got one guy on 'graphics' and then some misc. people who only did small jobs. This might've been enough for a great HL1 mod, but hardly is enough for a good mod for HL2 in early modmaking stages. I suppose they might've lost a lot of team members since they started it, though. Or perhaps the "mappers" are more than just that.

Edit: What I meant to say is; don't think this will surely be a great substitute for HLDM, should it not be released.

uhm, I do not know if you are much into programming, but programming AG with the HL1 engine given is NOT difficult. I estimate that this is true for Source and AG2 as well.
You actually basically need mappers which is IMHO perfectly matched by their staff.

I will be daring enough to develop a mod myself, w/o any gfx guys in the first stage.

tbh what else do u need apart from mappers and bullit

all other gfx are in there from the sp

Back