advanced siren light effects

Haze

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to create a moving light like the one in half life 1 near the fire doors. When the alarm sounds the lights twirl round with beams, if anyone has played Half Life 1 on the level before the silo with the fire doors you will know what I meen. Anyone know how to make them or if its possible using Hammer for half life 2?

parent your lights to a func_rotating entity. Check tutorial websites, I know Interlopers has a good one on this.

Cant parent lights and I cant see it anyware on lopers

You don't parent a light entity... It's a...spotlight type thing... I can't think of the entity right off the top of my head, but I do have the link.
[Edit] "Point_Spotlight" was the entity I was thinking of!

Also, while it looks a little less realistic, I highly suggest you turn "No Dynamic Light" --ON-- in the Spawnflags... Because otherwise it has a tendancy to make certain props 'blink' real ugly-like.

Here:http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=1804
[Tutorials - Half-Life 2 - (Under Advanced) Spinning Lights]

As stated a post or two up, it's just creating two of them, or how many ever, parenting them to a func_rotating (I covered mine in Nodraw...) and just letting them go...

Thanks for that, I made it myself without loopers help, it doesnt look anything like Half Life 1 sirens but its better so thanks, ill visit the tutorial and take a look.
Fixed now though so thanks

Back