Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Nothing, Wait for HL3

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Nothing, Valve will go bankrupt.

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

Jandor

Reaction score
What do you think will happen after they have released Aftermath?

a large retail expansion from another POV?
another episode playing as Gordon?
another episode playing from another POV?
nothing, just a long wait for HL3?
etc.

So, what do you think?

Another episode - hopefully from another POV.

I hope Valve is now going to break the industry "standard" of main game/expansion/expansion/main game, etc. and really does go all out with this shorter episodic content every few months or so.

HL3! Or maybe a game played by a mawman...hmmm...

Their impending bankruptcy will teach them not to mess up the ending in future.

POV is point of view. Another episode meaning a freash pov (not playing as old corporal or calhoun again)

the valve news said it was part of gordon's story or whatever...so i'm assuming that we're still gordon.

Another expansion pack from another point of view, wants valve have got Aftermath out of the way and dealt with the fate of city 17, the citadel and all the characters they will most likley take you to another POV set before half life 2 to flesh out the story.

In my perferct world, we would get Valve pumping out short steam episodes where you play as Gordon on his various missions for the Gman. Meanwhile, Valve would farm out other POV expansions to other companies. These would be the traditional 30-35 dollar kinds of expansions that most games get, where as the Valve content would be shorter episodes that are more frequently released.

That being said; I'd say it's more likely to get more steam episodes as Gordon than to get big expansions made by other companies.

EDIT: And I seriously doubt Valve will go bankrupt anytime soon; not with all the money Half-Life 2 has made them.

Another Episode from another POV :D

barney, shepard etc etc

I voted for nothing til HL3, but I have a feeling they might make another 'episode' mainly down to Valve's bumming of Steam

I'm kinda waiting for another dev team to come out with an expansion, solid well supported engine for a top-selling game in which previous modifications worked very, very, very, very well. Just a matter of time I guess. It's possible Valve decided to create HL2 orientated modifications alone with the great number of employees but who knows. I want to play as Barney and I'd really like to see Adrian Shepard return

I want a prequel of some sort.
And what's all this about bankruptcy?

The_Monkey said:
Alternitives 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 are the same.

I think he wanted to create a distinction between "episode" (say, The Lost Coast) and a full blown "expansion" (like Aftermath).

what Laivasse said:

or, assuming aftermath is short, which it may not be.

episode (aftermath)
expansion (opposing force)

Laivasse said:
I think he wanted to create a distinction between "episode" (say, The Lost Coast) and a full blown "expansion" (like Aftermath).

"The Lost Coast" is only one level.

"Aftermath" is NOT an expansion, it's an episode which probably means 3 levels or so.

I don't think anyone knows exactly how long Aftermath will be yet. And it is commonly being called an expansion - presumably because it "expands" upon the ending. I wish it didn't, but supposedly it does.

I'm thinking that Aftermath will be about 6 chapters... 2 in the citadel (It was two last time, and that's one damned bug thing to escape), 3 in the City (1 "woah i'm back in the city!" chapter, 1 "complication" chapter involving sewers and 1 "OMG! Major Wasteland onslaught" chapter) and a final escape chapter. Could easily be more...

I think Valve's next move will be that Alyx/Dog expansion that everyone was expecting.. though probably only "episodic" in form. Oh, and it really wouldn't suprise me if they actually went ahead with a Lamarr mini-game of some kind ^^

i'd like to see an expansion after HL2:AM
and of course since AM is too short to be considered an expansion, its only right that we get a full blown expansion :p

After Aftermath? Simple :

AFTER²AFTERMATH : GORDON BUYS SOME PIE

omg i like the idea of aftermath but if valve pumps out morethan 3 expansions well NEVER get hl3!

Nothing, Wait for HL3

Or

Another Episode from another POV

Back