Aftermath - Quick Question

johnstone

Reaction score
Just back on this site after a few months away and am excited about the news of this expansion pack.

Was wondering if anyone knew about Specs for playing the game? I found HL2 was playable on my machine, but during the intensive battles it started to struggle.

Was thinking if Aftermath is pushing out the boat a bit more then it might be time to think of an upgrade. Anyone know if it will stay the same graphically or will it be upgraded?

i wud expect the expansion to have the same system specs.

i hope it will anyway, because i'm in the same position as you. i splashed out about 70 quid on upgrades to play HL2, i cant afford to do it again for aftermath.

I think Aftermath will have similar system requirements, but expansion packs very often have a little higher requirements...

Apparently, they want HDR in it. So you may need to upgrade. (Look at the official Valve news thread)

I dont want to sound crude, but the search engine can suck my ****.
It sucks. Yes, it does.

thanx, i didnt think of that!.. shame it wont actually earch the word hdr because its only 3 letters and the min is 4 per word, i looked in my graphics card book and it gave me a deffinition tho, so thanx

Expansions generally dont require that much more than the original game, but well have to wait and see...

But some games require way more specs. Like Call of Duty ran fine on my computer, no problem. But when CoD:UO came out, my computer handled it horribly. But that was before I upgraded...

Back