AGP speed question...

E

Ezmartini

I have a Radeon 9500 Pro with Omega (Catalyst 5.2) drivers. For some reason I can't change my AGP bus speed to 4x or 8x, the default is Always Off. I try changing it and restarting when it prompts me, but there's absolutely no change! My questions are:

Can anyone help me find what the problem is?

How much does 4x or 8x speed affect performance?

Thanks

In case it helps, here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 2000+
Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB (overclocked)
1 GB DDR RAM
8x compatible motherboard
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card

try updating the drivers for your motherboard. I had my AGP set to "off" somehow in windows despite it being enabled in BIOS, until I updated my Via Hyperion drivers the other day.

Laivasse said:
try updating the drivers for your motherboard. I had my AGP set to "off" somehow in windows despite it being enabled in BIOS, until I updated my Via Hyperion drivers the other day.
Yeah, that's the best thing to try.

i have the same problem as you...my agp shows that it is off and in the bios it says auto and it is read only. now half life 2 runs flawlessly so does that mean it is most likely running at 8x?

bryanf445 said:
i have the same problem as you...my agp shows that it is off and in the bios it says auto and it is read only. now half life 2 runs flawlessly so does that mean it is most likely running at 8x?
There really isn't a noticable difference between 4 and 8x. I would try to figure out how to correct your problem but don't worry like your missing out. ;)

yea but im not even running it on 4x...well at least i dont think so, but it should matter seeing how halflife2 runs great

alright i fixed it...to install some motherboard drivers and now its shows as 8x

Hey all..

I got teh exact same problem with my ABIT NF7-S v2.0

have been thinking it maybe was fu*ked up.. but when i see this im not so sure anymore..

i have never changed drivers /bios on my bios before..

can anyone tell me detailed what to do? and give me links to newer version and progs to install with or whatever.. would be gr8.. hope i can fix this problem :)

as sayd,.. got a ABIT NF7-s V2.0

MySelf85 said:
Hey all..

I got teh exact same problem with my ABIT NF7-S v2.0

have been thinking it maybe was fu*ked up.. but when i see this im not so sure anymore..

i have never changed drivers /bios on my bios before..

can anyone tell me detailed what to do? and give me links to newer version and progs to install with or whatever.. would be gr8.. hope i can fix this problem :)

as sayd,.. got a ABIT NF7-s V2.0

If you goto teh Abit website, you will be able to find all the latest versions of the drivers and bios and how to update them, if you have any problems with it, then don't hesitate to ask :)

NikolaX said:

So.. after i have upgraded BIOS i gotta install the chipset drivers again ?

I got a guide on theyr site.. but its just so much lol.. hope i wont do anything wrong...

Ok.. got my bios ready on a floppy.. now i just need u guys to confirm that i need to download the Chipset drivers or not.. no idea if i gotta install them again after updating the bios

EDIT: if i gotta.. shall i use driver cleaner to clean the Nforce drivers before i flash the BIOS ?

ok.. now its done.. and now i got 8X :D:DD got some problems with some drivers to diff things though.. but installing them now :) thx for your help guys.. really saved my day and mood :)

np m8 if it works on 8x then you dont have to install the chipset drivers, only new nforce drivers.

offtopic:
don`t do the duble post in future, mods dont like it ;)

Back