Ah! HL2 you S-O-B (Spoiler)

Reaction score
I don't know and don't care if this was posted before, but HL2 is really freaking amazing.
The game draw me so deep my wife was calling me up for ten minutes, and I didn't even hear her. She finally sent me my little kid and he said Daddy and I went WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! Poor kid said nothing and ran upstairs. I chased him and said sorry dad what was the problem, the kid goes "I wanna play HL2 too" I said WHAAAAAAT! Go get your own HL.

I finally finished the game and it’s a super beautiful game.
Matter of fact best SP game I played, Way better than many other “So called” Game Of The Year like MOHAA, SOF2, Q4, FarCry, FEAR and many other Games I don’t remember now.
The Maps. Story Line, Visual effect, Video, Engine, Characters, the street fight OMG The city 17 street fight and all the way around.
Route Kanal, Water Hazard, Highway 17, Sandtraps, "Follow Freeman!" And Our Benefactors (The gravity gun. OMG the gravity Gun) I never abused combines like that.
But there were other enemies I was looking forward fighting against, that I saw while I was riding the combine transporter. They’re the over sized Antlion with two cannons sticking out of their asses and that Gandhi looking skeleton on steroid. Unfortunately they didn’t show up in my show. Is this is a hint to HL3 or what? Also is breed OK? I sure would like him in HL3. And Alex Oh what a nice ass. Uhm! Excuse me meant Buttocks. Is she OK?
Well I guess my questions deserve not an expansion pack but a full flesh flaying human parts head-crap mean crab HL3.

Good Job Valve, you really done it this time. Just wanna apologize for not buying it sooner, but I will be loyal from now on.

Bravo.

They'll all pop up in Aftermath, which will be released early next year, apparently. Glad you enjoyed the work of art that is Half-Life 2.

-Angry Lawyer

Hm. Crab synths weren't confirmed for AM as far as I know.
But the stalkers(Gandhi slaves) will be in Aftermath and you will probably fight them.
The "antlion on steroids" is a crab synth, a Combine ground unit.
The smaller 1 in a mortar synth and is a living mortar used by the Combine.
Both may(*crosses fingures*) show up in Aftermath.

Also is breed OK?
You must now shoot yourself for even THINKING of buying that game. Just. Don't. Play it. Your computer will be absolutely destroyed.
Starforce=Feces
In conclusion, playing Breed results in the same amount of fun you get as playing with feces.

Beerdude26 said:
You must now shoot yourself for even THINKING of buying that game. Just. Don't. Play it. Your computer will be absolutely destroyed.
Starforce=Feces
In conclusion, playing Breed results in the same amount of fun you get as playing with feces.
He meant Breen. "Is Breen ok?" :D:E

Beerdude26 said:
Starforce=Feces

Why do I think that you didn't read my post thoroughly? Beacuase I don't know what you just said but I do feel insulted.
I did buy, played and finished the game :p and I and my rig are doing fine as none of us is sitting on feces so far. And yes I did mean breen as I type this in the dark....Are you afraid of the dark Mr. Beerdude?:upstare:

BTW all of those characters that I have posted the checkpoints, alex's butt and her one legged dad, Gandhi skeleton should somehow give you the hint. I don't know why.
should I post my CD key people?

Barney Fife said:
Why do I think that you didn't read my post thoroughly? Beacuase I don't know what you just said but I do feel insulted.
I did buy, played and finished the game :p and I and my rig are doing fine as none of us is sitting on feces so far. And yes I did mean breen as I type this in the dark....Are you afraid of the dark Mr. Beerdude?:upstare:

BTW all of those characters that I have posted the checkpoints, alex's butt and her one legged dad, Gandhi skeleton should somehow give you the hint. I don't know why.
Ah you meant Breen :D

Sorry but every mention of "Breed" really gets me off. It's a horrible game, a complete ripoff from Starship Troopers. That, and it has the dreaded Starforce (Just read the article if you want know more about it).

Sorry if I insulted you :p

Barney Fife said:

He thought you were asking if a computer game called "Breed" was good. His reaction indicate he *might* not have such high thoughts about it. I don't think he doubts you bought the game, don't worry. And do not post your CD key ;)

Alyx Vance, not Alex, Eli Vance (one legged dad) and Stalkers (ghandi skeleton) will all return in Aftermath. As for Breen, that's the 3 million dollar question.

I hope Breen reappears as leader of the headcrab zombies. Would be a laugh, and somewhat just.

Eejit said:
I hope Breen reappears as leader of the headcrab zombies. Would be a laugh, and somewhat just.

'Leader of the headcrab zombies'? I would shoot up Valve's building. :p

Good post :).

Well, I share the same sentiment. There are many other games that I've enjoyed in SP, but HL2 is the best single-player FPS game I've played (and I prefer SP generally). There are other good and great games, but HL2 has a few things that really take it to the genius level. Breen's speeches ("thanks for writing, dear Concerned"), the voice acting, immersive character (I love the no cutscenes, everything from your point of view thing), a very detailed universe with a thought-out storyline, an enigmatic character (G-Man), and other things, they really make HL2 the best SP shooter.

Beerdude26 said:
Ah you meant Breen :D

Sorry but every mention of "Breed" really gets me off. It's a horrible game, a complete ripoff from Starship Troopers. That, and it has the dreaded Starforce (Just read the article if you want know more about it).

Sorry if I insulted you :p

It’s all good man. No problem. Yeah I Misspelled Breen. Though I never heard of a game called Breed, I thought you were referring to something else like I was playing with a ripped-off HL2.
Anyway it was all about misunderstandings and I thank you forewarning that game for me.

AJ Rimmer said:
He thought you were asking if a computer game called "Breed" was good. His reaction indicate he *might* not have such high thoughts about it. I don't think he doubts you bought the game, don't worry. And do not post your CD key ;) .

Yeah Thanks for clarifying it for me. Now I know where I missed the point. I was bluffing about posting my CD key in public. I may be dumb but not that dumb. :naughty:

Solver said:
Good post :).

Well, I share the same sentiment. There are many other games that I've enjoyed in SP, but HL2 is the best single-player FPS game I've played (and I prefer SP generally). There are other good and great games, but HL2 has a few things that really take it to the genius level. Breen's speeches ("thanks for writing, dear Concerned"), the voice acting, immersive character (I love the no cutscenes, everything from your point of view thing), a very detailed universe with a thought-out storyline, an enigmatic character (G-Man), and other things, they really make HL2 the best SP shooter.

You're right HL2 has way out-entertained me more than any other game, current and old.
I have played current famous games like Q4, FEAR and FarCry and in my opinion, I think HL2 is way better game in anyway and every way you look at it than those games.
And you’re right about HL2 cut-scenes, which are none except when being updated with info about new weapon and or tricks, but even that’s not a cut-scene.

Also HL2 is not a system hog, like those I mentioned. Nowadays games seem to be racing to the freaking 3GHz mark. Instead HL2 with all of the beautiful scenes didn't need much. The game didn’t choke up my system for me to notice Alyx Butt (Thanks AJ Rimmer).
I have an average PC, 2GHz AMD Athlon, 1GB PC2700 and 6800 GT Ultra and I was running HL2 at Ultra setting without the shadows (Cuz I hate it) and AA16X and AF8X, the only time I noticed something was when level loads, PC kind of takes little time to load the map and then couple of hiccups at the beginning of the level, which I can understand, when running AA and AF at the highest. But after that it's all smooth sailing and all out war and mayhem.

Again. Bravo VALVe and my hats off to ya.

PS. Thanks Halflife2.net staff for teaching me how to use that RPG. It really came handy using it against those Giant mosquito looking creatures.

Actually yes, the optimized engine is another big plus. Somehow, most engines don't seem that well optimized. Source is very good in this regard, so is the Doom3 engine (although it remains the most intensive one) and the Painkiller engine (that thing can render 70 enemies at once in an outdoor area). The FEAR engine for instance... not so well optimized. To get an acceptable performance, I had to tone down the settings more so than on Doom3.

Solver I just realized something while reading your post about the game.
It was at the beginning of the game when barney (God bless him) helped me scape. And am running up the stairs, down the stairs, into other people's apartment. Hiding, dodging, freaking being kick around. Damn I felt so escapee. And then the water sewer and that canal started, and it was me with a freaking pistol and a million Black-clads, and I keep running out of bullets cuz it takes a whole clip to get one kill, playing on hard level and all.
Man I felt so escapee swear. damn that was hard. and I love to do it again.

I thought the end was hard but the beginning is even harder and VALVe made the whole escaping thing feel so real. Damn!

Barney Fife said:
Solver I just realized something while reading your post about the game.
It was at the beginning of the game when barney (God bless him) helped me scape. And am running up the stairs, down the stairs, into other people's apartment. Hiding, dodging, freaking being kick around. Damn I felt so escapee. And then the water sewer and that canal started, and it was me with a freaking pistol and a million Black-clads, and I keep running out of bullets cuz it takes a whole clip to get one kill, playing on hard level and all.
Man I felt so escapee swear. damn that was hard. and I love to do it again.

I thought the end was hard but the beginning is even harder and VALVe made the whole escaping thing feel so real. Damn!
Damn I could have told ya how to get insta kills on CPS and any Combine Type: Shoot DIRECTLY in the back of the head and they die on the spot. And glad you enjoyed the game. ANd 1 thing: Barney is teh sex0rz.:thumbs:

The initial run sequence when you run through apartments and on that roof is indeed great. I also found the Route Canal to be one of the toughest places in the game - mainly because of the Manhacks. Civil Protection cops are easy to kill with a few bullets to the head, even on Hard, but Manhacks are strong - take like three crowbar hits, damn hard to hit with bullets, and take a lot of health when they hit.

HL2 is just like a great action movie, only you're the main star.

I never understood about that priest, who kept popping out of nowhere, and helping me out,
He disappears out of the game after he last helped me at the cemetery into a Head-crab invested whole. He fades away into the darkness from me as he fought what appeared to be his last fight for his life. I hope he is not dead.
I sure love to thank him, have couple of beers with him...Who was that man with the cross?

Barney Fife said:
I never understood about that priest, who kept popping out of nowhere, and helping me out,
He disappears out of the game after he last helped me at the cemetery into a Head-crab invested whole. He fades away into the darkness from me as he fought for his life. I hope he is not dead.
I sure love to thank him, have couple of beers with him...Who was that man with the cross?
he is Farther Gregori. He is the last survivour of the Ravenholm shelling. He has dedicated his life to freeing his flock from their Hell. He has gone quite mad and has even become a masicist(There is a cross carved onto his right hand.

I know, other than Barney, he was one of the best characters. LIVE DAMN YOU, LIVE! LIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEE!!

Barney Fife said:
I chased him and said sorry dad what was the problem, the kid goes "I wanna play HL2 too" I said WHAAAAAAT! Go get your own HL.

Ha ha ha, i would have paid to see that. And the main thing about HL2 is that a lot of people dont relize how much of a good game it is, most people are like "Omg, HL2 dat fooking noob game!?!?!?! Gawd Halo 2 is the best game ever, HL2 is the foooking worst game ever!" I can't stand people like that. Halo 2 has one of the boringest single player campaigns ever. I think that Half-Life 1 is the best game, then Doom 1, than HL2. I think the best thing in Half-Life 2 is looking for the Gman. Anyway I like you Barney Fife.

SmakTurd said:
Ha ha ha, i would have paid to see that. And the main thing about HL2 is that a lot of people dont relize how much of a good game it is, most people are like "Omg, HL2 dat fooking noob game!?!?!?! Gawd Halo 2 is the best game ever, HL2 is the foooking worst game ever!" I can't stand people like that. Halo 2 has one of the boringest single player campaigns ever. I think that Half-Life 1 is the best game, then Doom 1, than HL2. I think the best thing in Half-Life 2 is looking for the Gman. Anyway I like you Barney Fife.

I think us (PC-Gamers) are more dedicated and loyal than most if not all console players.
Playing any given good game like HL2 we play not because for the entertainments, but because to realize and appreciate how much thought, Hard work and effort was put on to create such game, so one can say “That was the best $50.00 I had spend”
This is why PC-Gamers are attached to their games and why most PC-Gamers still have their first ever bought game in mint condition.
Console players may not able to tell you the first game he/she ever bought, but a PC-gamer will show you the first game he/she ever bought. They probably still play every now and then just to realize how far technology has come. Anyone remember the 256 true colors? Most monitors crashed at that settings and doom was best played at that setting lol.
We buy games because of the developer’s name and never for the game name and or the cover of the game.
Example; If VALVe comes up with a game named “The Man Who Sat At Corner” Most PC-Gamers will buy it simply because VALVe made it. That’s the trust PC-Gamers put upon developers and vise versa. Also it is the same reason why lots of game developers went belly-up and left business after (In violation) loosing loyal players by coming up with a crabby game. Just like that.
This is a very delicate relationship. Anyone heard of I.G.I Covert Strike and Breed (Thanks Beerdude) That’s why we might never hear of Halo again cuz how last Halo Sucked.
That’s why most of us serious PC-Gamers go out there and spend thousands of dollars to upgrade our systems, buy games because VALVe made it never for the cover-box or fancy names.
To see what developers has put together for us. So we end up saying “Thank you” afterwards. Like I said too many times here in Halflife2.net

Thank You VALVe

So true.

X-Com all the way lads!

Back