Ahh! I just came up with a great idea for use of gravity guns in HL2DM!

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
It's called deathmatch catch. Two or more players must pass around an oildrum with the gravity guns without dropping it. This is done by picking up the oildrum, and throwing it at other players. The receiving player will use their reflexes to catch the oildrum. The objective of the game is to catch a player off guard, so he/she doesn't catch it, and the oildrum crushes the player. I am brilliant!! Bwahahahhahahaha!

You could have just said "Dodge Ball Mod". I think it is pretty hard to target a moving object with the gravity gun so the mod would have to twick that but it has potential to be a fun mod to play around in while we wait for a good MP one to come out.

they catch the oildrum flying at 100+ feet/sec or whatever?

An idea like this passed through some time ago, but instead of oil drums, it was saw blades.

Why not rollermine soccer? Those things from the binks come after you until you've got them with the gravgun, you could have more fun with those, like Scooge suggests, Dodge Ball.

how about aiming it at a mirror and picking yourself up? :|

patent pending, patent pending, patent pending, hey whoses this guy? ( ahhh Homer the genius :LOL: )

u can already do this to an extent in cs source. Throw your gun while moving really fast and jumping in the air, and get your gunless mate to catch it.

BigJack said:
u can already do this to an extent in cs source. Throw your gun while moving really fast and jumping in the air, and get your gunless mate to catch it.
But can the actual force kill the receiving player.

To an extent, he/she said. To me, "an extremely boring version that will just make someone end up shooting the others".

Back