Ahhhhhhhhhhhhrhhhhhhh!!!!helll Llllpppppp!!!!!!!!!god ****ing Damn It!!!!****ing Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conkorg

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHRHHHHHHH!!!!HELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!GOD ****ING DAMN IT!!!!

Engine Error: Unable to set mode. This may be a known beta bug with antialiasing. We have reset your antialiasing settings. Please try running again.

WHAT THE **** DO I DO!!!!!!!!!! ITS ME DRIVING ME ****ING CRAZY FOR MANY ****ING GOD DAMN MOTHER****ING HOURS!! SOMEONE IN THE ****ING FORUMS GIVE ME A GOD DAMN MOTHER****ING HELP STEP BY ****ING STEP ON HOW TO ****ING FIX THIS ****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT TELL ME I WASTED MY ****ING 40 BUX TO PLAY CS:S WHEN I GET THE GOD DAMN MOTHERU****ING ERROR!!!!!! HELPP!!!! I AM SORRY FOR MY MAD ANGRY BEHAVIOR BUT I AM VERY UPSET! EVERY OTHER GAME RUNS ****ING FINE!

Pentium 4 3.2 ghz
1024 Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Megs
52x CDRW
Surround Sound 5 speakers Dolby Digital 5.1
ASUS MotherBoard
LCD Black Sony 17 Inch Flat Monitor

HELP!!!

start the game with -autoconfig

or run dxdiag, go to the last tab, click "override" and set the refresh rate to the one you use.

I KNOW WHAT TO DOOO!!!!(I had the same error)

1. Goto Properties in Play games menu
2. Goto Launch options
3. put '-height 600 -width 800 -fullscreen' in it(without the ')
4. Start CSS beta
5. Exit CSS beta
6. Delete the stuff at step 3(so you won't revert to 800x600 fullscreen after step 7)
7. Start CSS beta and change the video setting to what you want.
8. PLAY! ^_^

edit: lol, Pi Mu Rho posted another way of fixing

I use 4.8 catalyst...no AA errors for me :p I also set the Direct3D tab to Custom and set the AA to 4x and AF to 16x...

Pi Mu Rho said:

or run dxdiag, go to the last tab, click "override" and set the refresh rate to the one you use.

Tried both dosent work :( Unless I did something wrong :p

Chuckstar said:
I KNOW WHAT TO DOOO!!!!(I had the same error)

1. Goto Properties in Play games menu
2. Goto Launch options
3. put '-height 600 -width 800 -fullscreen' in it(without the ')
4. Start CSS beta
5. Exit CSS beta
6. Delete the stuff at step 3(so you won't revert to 800x600 fullscreen after step 7)
7. Start CSS beta and change the video setting to what you want.
8. PLAY! ^_^

edit: lol, Pi Mu Rho posted another way of fixing

:p Dosent work. I cannot exit the game myself it quits the game itself right away after I get the engine error :( ANd I dont have 4.8 Catalyst Driver downloading now meybe thats the reason it wont work

Pi Mu Rho said:

This works.

How About U Go To Ur ****ing Video Card Settings And Turn Off Ur ****ing Ant-anilising And Then Try The ****ing Game Again, Hey Maybe Then It Might ****ing Work :e

Milo 7 said:
How About U Go To Ur ****ing Video Card Settings And Turn Off Ur ****ing Ant-anilising And Then Try The ****ing Game Again, Hey Maybe Then It Might ****ing Work :e

How do I do that i am not really good at tweaking my graphics card options :p

Well FiRsT u press ur ****ING rightmousebutton on ur ****ing background in windows then press ****ing properties then click settings u will find a ****ing advanced tab or something there u can find ur mother****ing antianilising options somewhere.
and if it doesnt work i have no ****ing clue what else is the problem :cheese:

SOrry for double posting I cant take this anymore i am reinstalling my windows XP the only way to make it work :p

Some of you guys are just ****ing pathetic. Go into your ****ING ATI Control ****ing Panel. Then click on the 3D ****ing Tab. I leave the ****ing rest to you to ****ing figure out. Bitchass Mother****er.
Conkorg said:
How do I do that i am not really good at tweaking my graphics card options :p

Yea, go ahead and format BITCH. That would be the BITCH thing to do.

Conkorg said:
SOrry for double posting I cant take this anymore i am reinstalling my windows XP the only way to make it work :p

Ok here's how I got mine to work. I did the whole server.dll thing. Then I put -h 1024 -w768 in the command line. Then I opened 1.6 alt-tabbed and opened CS:S. I went to options and turned antialiasing to x6 and it worked. I can now browse the servers and actually played a game.

Alright, that's enough.

Cut the swearing, consider this a warning to you all - you know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back