Air Power Over Hampton Roads [Photos]

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Yesterday myself and and a fellow photographer from FM Forums were down at Langley Air Force Base for the annual Air Power Over Hampton Roads airshow. Lots of cool stuff, made even better by media passes that let us on the media platform.

Anyway, here are some shots of mine I really liked. If you want to see more of a certian airplane, just ask, I probably have more! :)

300D, 70-210 f4 lens, mostly at f8 or f9.

Comments and Crits welcome!

1) Golden Knights
knights_1_size.jpg

2) Plane I forgot name of ;)
stunt_1_size.jpg

3) A Yak of some variety
yak_1_size.jpg

4)Red Baron Biplanes
red_baron_1_size.jpg

5)MiG-17
mig17_1_size.jpg

6)F/A-18F Super Hornet
f18_1_size.jpg

7)Pilots of said F/A-18
f18_2_size.jpg

8)Navy Heritage Flight (F/A-18, F4U-Corsair)
navy_hert_1_size.jpg

9)F-4 Phantom
f4_1_size.jpg

10)F-15C Eagle
f15_1_size.jpg

11)F/A-22 Raptor
f22_2_size.jpg

12)Air Force Heritage Flight
heritage_1_size.jpg

13)Thunderbirds!
tbird_1_size.jpg

14)""
tbird_2_size.jpg

15)""
tbird_3_size.jpg

Airshows are fun to go to. I got to sit in the pilot seat of a blackhawk once!

Is that number 14 for real?
or is it mirrored , because if it isnt then WAW!

btw: could you fly with one of them , meaning being the passenger.

EDIT: yak looks awsome

KoreBolteR said:
Stealth Bomber flew over my house once...

Well thats a bit rubish! Hows that stealthy! :p

I been to an airshow once here, they are pretty impresive. Personally I prefere the helicopters. :)

The second picture is a Texan, i think. It's an American airforce trainer.

Great shots, i love these kind of things as long as none of the planes stall and land and blow up on the crowds which has happened too many times...you didnt mention anything about that and the weather looked good so wahey!

I remember a big disaster here in belgium with 2 planes colliding and one of them falling and exploding in the midle of the audience , lots of dead people.

Razor said:
The second picture is a Texan, i think. It's an American airforce trainer.

My guess it's a Harvard. This is a cool pic of a couple of Harvards. I believe they're from New Zealand.

Nice pics :) I love airshows. Only been to one, and it was awesome.

i went to Yeovil Air Show! which is british you mofos! we the kings of the skies i swears! we r devlop0d a anti stealth bomber!

you can hear it from miles away and it painted pink and doused in radioactive material so it glows!

Is a distraction plane :) so r tiger moths can shoot u down:)

Sidewinder, I have a request: were there any PBY-5 Catalina's?

Shakermaker said:
My guess it's a Harvard. This is a cool pic of a couple of Harvards. I believe they're from New Zealand.

I have no idea what the difference is between the Texan and the Harvard, but i would of thought it was far more likely to be a Texan at an American airshow with a lot of Airforce jets there.

Razor said:
I have no idea what the difference is between the Texan and the Harvard, but i would of thought it was far more likely to be a Texan at an American airshow with a lot of Airforce jets there.

I stand corrected. The Harvard is the RAF-name for the Texan. So they're actually the same plane.

Some great pics there. Would love to go to an airshow someday!

Shakermaker said:
I stand corrected. The Harvard is the RAF-name for the Texan. So they're actually the same plane.

I did a search for Harvards to compare and i couldn't figure out why they weren't different... :LOL:

that's fegging awesome. i went to an airshow once, there were similar planes to those and nighthawks, warthogs, there was a b-1 (awesome and huge), a few of the older MiGs and others.

Usually I can see the planes practicing over my house for this, but not this time. :(

No, #14 is not mirrored.

There was a B-2 Flyby... I have photos if you really want to see them, but they weren't anything special.

And no Catilinas. Sorry.

Mmm... a Red Bull Mig... *drools incoherently*

Cool pics, too. There was an airshow every year at Wright Patterson in Ohio that I would go to when I still lived there (shudders). It was always pretty cool.

Back