Aircraft carrier for sale

Tempting... but there's no way that'll fit in my bath. :(

I think we need to start a HL2.Net Forum Carrier Collection... the top 1300 posters by the end of next year will get to live on it!

I bet you could have a MASSIVE lan party on that thing. You could also make the steam-powered jet launcher thingie a ride by attaching a chair to it....

7 million for a carrier? It must be an extremeley old... dilapidated piece of crap to go that low...

A fighter jet alone is like 40 million itself.

Plus.. look at the seller.. 0 feedback..

If it's the carrier in the picture.. it must be pretty small... because a full-size hugantic ginormus one nowadays can hold tons of planes on the deck... and the one in the pic looks like it can hold very few.

the colour dosent quite fit with my other seven carriers, i'm gonna give it a miss

for some reason the ad reads like it was written by a ten year old. Plus the carrier looks really small compared to the plane and what country is it from?

lol that is so funny!! I never thought anyone would use ebay for something like that? I thought those kinds of purchases has its own sales channels... ebay has even more users I suppose...

Hmm if it was made into a restaurant I would definetly like to try it :)

"(it has rooms to accommodate for 1,300 men), and you charge both admission fee and hotel rate. (say you rent the rooms for only $50 dollars. Per person, times 1,300 and only times 300 days a year, then it is $ 15 million dollars already ! In 20 years, that is an amazing $ 300 million dollars."

Hah that's funny! No businesses would ever fail if that logic were true. I mean where would you find 1300 people willing to sleep in navy vessel bunkers. What about the maitenance costs and all the other costs that would go into keeping the thing afloat and such.

fizzlephox said:
"(it has rooms to accommodate for 1,300 men), and you charge both admission fee and hotel rate. (say you rent the rooms for only $50 dollars. Per person, times 1,300 and only times 300 days a year, then it is $ 15 million dollars already ! In 20 years, that is an amazing $ 300 million dollars."

Hah that's funny! No businesses would ever fail if that logic were true. I mean where would you find 1300 people willing to sleep in navy vessel bunkers. What about the maitenance costs and all the other costs that would go into keeping the thing afloat and such.
Thats really true I was gonna mention that but Im too sleepy for a complicated post right now :) :rolling:

Emm... An aircraft carrier has an average crew of 4000 people. If you increase a room's square by two(make 1 room from 2 rooms) for more comforte, then you could fit 2000 people.

Edit: Crap, I forgot to take the maintenance and service personel into acount. So that would make 1700 passengers(service personel doesn't need big rooms:)).

Loshadka said:
Emm... An aircraft carrier has an average crew of 4000 people. If you increase a room's square by two(make 1 room from 2 rooms) for more comforte, then you could fit 2000 people.

Edit: Crap, I forgot to take the maintenance and service personel into acount. So that would make 1700 passengers(service personel doesn't need big rooms:)).
except this is a crappy old carrier and it says right on the auction that it has room for 1300.

This time on The Communists.
Vladimir comes across a decommissioned Air Craft Carrier, and soon realizes he can sell it for a low low price. Only problem is, will anyone be willing to buy it?

"But the auction was delisted not long ago due to accusation wrongly made by a suspicious customer. We showed evidence that this vessel is DECOMMISSIONED and therefore not Ordanance. We are shipbroker and not arms dealer. We shipbrokers do not have the ownership of the vessels we sell, as none of the shipbrokers does, just as your real estate broker cannot ask you to transfer the title of your house to him before he start selling propery for you."

*WARNING* Offensive comment immenent.

Sounds like Communists Mischief, if you ask me. ;)
Just look at the numerous grammatical errors, ones that perfectly fit the stereotype of an English speaking Commie.

SHIPPI said:
Tempting... but there's no way that'll fit in my bath. :(
I laughed a lot at that :)

Anthraxxx said:
I bet you could have a MASSIVE lan party on that thing. You could also make the steam-powered jet launcher thingie a ride by attaching a chair to it....

Who needs crappy computer games when you have the real thing?

You say...."Gimme your chocolate or i'l take it off you by force"
Someone says..."You and whos army"
You say...."Well, i dont have an army...but an airforce is even better . MUHAHAHAHAHA!"

Anyway, the chiar thing would be cool up until the point when your head snaps off and your limp body goes flying into the ocean.

dont aircraft carriers have four bunks in rooms about 10x20 ft of space?

I want it, I would melt it down and then get a blacksmith to make THE WORLDS BIGGEST SWORD!

MWAHHAhaHAHAhahahAHHAhaha!!!!

MaxiKana said:
I think we need to start a HL2.Net Forum Carrier Collection... the top 1300 posters by the end of next year will get to live on it!

Does that mean I'm captain?

:D

GhostValkyrie said:
This time on The Communists.
Vladimir comes across a decommissioned Air Craft Carrier, and soon realizes he can sell it for a low low price. Only problem is, will anyone be willing to buy it?

"But the auction was delisted not long ago due to accusation wrongly made by a suspicious customer. We showed evidence that this vessel is DECOMMISSIONED and therefore not Ordanance. We are shipbroker and not arms dealer. We shipbrokers do not have the ownership of the vessels we sell, as none of the shipbrokers does, just as your real estate broker cannot ask you to transfer the title of your house to him before he start selling propery for you."

*WARNING* Offensive comment immenent.

Sounds like Communists Mischief, if you ask me. ;)
Just look at the numerous grammatical errors, ones that perfectly fit the stereotype of an English speaking Commie.
Oh yeah, you think they can't spell normaly in the Kremlin? It's defenitly a joke of some 10yold. Secondly, look at the landing plane: it's a Grumman E-2C(without the radar) and, yes, who could have guessed - it's american. Make your own conclusions.

Another very good picture: http://www.flygplan.info/images/E-2C Hawkeye.jpg

thats pretty damn awesome! i would like go to that giant queen mary 2 thingy and shoot it, but then i dont have any ammo, so ill just run into it and make all the water come out of the 5 swimming pools :hmph:

MUHAHAHHAHHHAUUUAJMAA<XAXD-[]asuopdnfas[g;dVSH KSDLYVAULD

GhostValkyrie said:
Bla bla bla, bla bla bla *hate everything, USA pwnz j000, bla bla bla bla

Eh, who gave that zealot mod rights anyway?

Anthraxxx said:
Naa, host paintballing games throughout it, lots of places to hide, the big open deck. It would be great :)

-

LOL @ Shippi's post :)

-

Mr. Reak: I dunno mate, I really don't know :\ But your not the only one who's becoming very tired of his behavior on this forum towards other people/country's ;(

Fenric1138 said:
Naa, host paintballing games throughout it, lots of places to hide, the big open deck. It would be great :)

Heh, yeah, that would be awesome. You'd have to make a couple of speedball fields out of military eqiupment (god know what), and have them on the deck though. Just don't overslide... :E

Mr.Reak said:
Eh, who gave that zealot mod rights anyway?

I was joking, you fools! Didn't you see the ;)?
I really don't think this guys a Commie, I was merely trying to joke around with the stereotype.

Fenric1138 said:
Mr. Reak: I dunno mate, I really don't know :\ But your not the only one who's becoming very tired of his behavior on this forum towards other people/country's

And who said anything about countries? I target individuals, not overwhelming populations...except for the nation of 01.
You know all those damn robots are going to hell. :)

BTW: I can't believe our nations sell this crap to individuals, armed or not.
I think it's quite a large mistake.

AudioRage said:
Lets just hope it doesn't get sold to some guy named Osama.

HOLY SHIT!!
He could turn Al-Qaeda(the base) into mobile mode.

If it's real it is a little irresponsible by any gov. to allow such a thing to be sold.

How do you know they aren't selling it and tracking it by satellite for exactly that reason?

SHIPPI said:
Heh, yeah, that would be awesome. You'd have to make a couple of speedball fields out of military eqiupment (god know what), and have them on the deck though.

Someone should make a mod version, since we can't afford the real thing *pouts*

Just don't overslide... :E

I guess shouting noclip and flying back up wouldn't work? :D

GhostValkyrie said:
I was joking, you fools! Didn't you see the ;)?
I really don't think this guys a Commie, I was merely trying to joke around with the stereotype.
Do try to make similar jokes in the future. Really...

If it came with an integrated nuke I would buy it. :devil: :devil:
The world would bow to my feet. Or at least some chicks would. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I would buy this if I had too much money and not enough sense. Although you could sink it and make a lucritive diving site.

If it's real (which I doubt) that is.

Loshadka said:
Do try to make similar jokes in the future. Really...

Okay, I get your message.
Sorry if you really thought I was actually stereotyping Russians.
I just enjoy engaging in steretypical jokes, including ones that Americans are the butt of...
(Regardless of what many of you may think.)
It's when a message is serious that I get a little sore.
But, seeing as you take me seriously, I will stop.

To everyone talking about how it's irresponsible to sell such a large machine of war:

Russia is selling their old tanks for around $50,000 what do you think of that?

I agree with the people about paintball: that would be OMFG LOL KEWL TOTALI 1337 D00D!!!!11111 LOL STFU NO ONEW CAERS NOOB j00 CANT PALAY SO GO AWY!!1111 in the words of 70% of all CS players. Myself not included. Think of the massive amounts of people on each side though... ahh, heavenly.

GhostValkyrie said:
I just enjoy engaging in steretypical jokes, including ones that Americans are the butt of...
(Regardless of what many of you may think.)

yeah, I don't believe that for a second considering some of your outbursts over it ;)

I have outbursts over anti-American comments, not jokes. I myself engaged in poking fun at the obesity of this nation today.
Ever heard of Nutella? Well, it's a chocolate spread for bread...
Apparently it's not enough to have f*cking snacks galore, we have to make sandwiches out of chocolate. :|
I think those obese individuals make a mockery of us...merely setting us up for insults and slander.

GhostValkyrie said:
I have outbursts over anti-American comments, not jokes. I myself engaged in poking fun at the obesity of this nation today.
Ever heard of Nutella? Well, it's a chocolate spread for bread...
Apparently it's not enough to have f*cking snacks galore, we have to make sandwiches out of chocolate. :|
I think those obese individuals make a mockery of us...merely setting us up for insults and slander.
Chocolate spread sarnies have been around for ages, and their yummy! :)

Unless I put too much on, then I just make myself ill heh

Back