Ak-105

waedoe

Reaction score
ok i made a ak-105 crit it plz. 2024 polies too also its for a mod for bfv.

Attachments

• render1.jpg
    render1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 356
  • FPS.jpg
    FPS.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 320
looks like you have a nice poly distribtuion... it seems a bit simple, even for 2k polys.... but not bad. :)

The grey model on white background hurts my eyes :(

The magazine looks sloppily made because the curve angles and segment sizes are not equal. There are some verts you can weld on the bottom of the receiver. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

ankalar said:
The grey model on white background hurts my eyes :(

The magazine looks sloppily made because the curve angles and segment sizes are not equal. There are some verts you can weld on the bottom of the receiver. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Um everything is welded :) and if u can find better refs of the mag plz help me out ill be looking to correct that stuff. and what back ground should i use?

The mag is accurate, but sloppy. Like I said, some of the segments of the curve are larger than others on your model. I'm attaching a diagram, maybe the model is not actually like this, but it looks like it from the angle. The pic also has stuff about the verts on the bottom.

The white really hurt my eyes because it was really early in the morning, it doesn't so much now. I think using a black background makes it easier on the eyes though.

yes all those points are welded. i use a technique called connecting dunno if u heard it. but those are just edges that i need to take care of during optimization :) as for the clip the gun is like that. heres a ref

image038.jpg

Your magazine is modelled incorrectly. It should be an even curve all around; it does not stray off like you have modelled it.

It would be nice of you to hold off on showing a very messy models wireframe until you have optimized it, at the moment it looks as though I could make a better model with my plate of cold scrambled eggs.

Oh yeah, I don't think the sarcasm you used was called for, ankalar clearly knows a lot more than you do about this.

ive definatly seen better ak-105's... but yeah the magazine is pretty sloppy. its a nice overall model but just some sloppy parts

lewdminx said:
ankalar clearly knows a lot more than you do about this.
Not really, but the rest of the stuff you said is true.

lewdminx said:
Your magazine is modelled incorrectly. It should be an even curve all around; it does not stray off like you have modelled it.

It would be nice of you to hold off on showing a very messy models wireframe until you have optimized it, at the moment it looks as though I could make a better model with my plate of cold scrambled eggs.

Oh yeah, I don't think the sarcasm you used was called for, ankalar clearly knows a lot more than you do about this.

I don't notice anything straying off but it might be slightly blocky. Anyways i wasn't being sarcastic alot of good modelers dont use connections, rather they extrude and play with the extruded verts. Also saying that you could "Make a better model with a plate of cold scrambled eggs." was very dissapointing. Obviously my model IS good but my clip needs work. I also do know that Ankalar knows more about modeling than me, i never questioned that. So rather than you being a flaming moron and trying to start crap, shut your god damn mouth. By the way ill post a new wireframe thats "More Cleaned Up". Oh and I would love to see that model that you have made from your scrambled eggs.

There are no clips in that model.
There are however magazines and it looks exactly as it should.

Nodbugger said:
There are no clips in that model.
There are however magazines and it looks exactly as it should.

Lol acctually u are right, there is no clip, a clip is thing you insert into a fixed magazine like with a mauser or a garand. and thanks but i did relize that the magazine is to blocky im going to fix that.

it could be smoother. But at 2k polys it really doesn't need to be. Plus I don't think anyone will be in a fire fight and wonder why their AK mag is blocky.

here is the actual ref i used to model it! plz notice the clip its straighter

lewdminx said:

Lewdminx, from OCSS?

Do you remember me?

lewdminx said:
Oh yeah, I don't think the sarcasm you used was called for.

Nice first post there...

By the way i think its an exelent effort weadoe...

Back