Alcatraz Event still on??

brisck1

Reaction score
I wasnt sure if this was being held by Valve or ATI but i know it was focused around ATI's new card and Half-life 2!

As usual here we are on the day and all is quiet from both fronts *sigh*

well if its in san fran (pacifi time right??) then its like -8 hours

England is GMT (now aprox. 14.39) = 14 - 8 = so its aprox 6.39 in san fran now....i'm guessing the party will be in the afternoon, so there's plenty'o'time :D

I guessed it would be early, just wanted to know if the event was still on after Valve's delay?

As of this post it is 6:57 am in San Fransisco, California. (I'm in the same time zone: PST)

At the third stroke the time sponsored by Accurist will be:
Three Oh Six and seventten seconds.
Beep
Beep
Beep

(GMT)

I'm sure it is, I heard a radio ad for it this morning...
and I'm in Phoenix..Wierd huh?

<Fake Doug Lombardi>I know we're just a few hours away from the release of the Half-Life 2 benchmark, and you're really excited. But, um, I like, looked into it, and it turns out that it won't be released until Halloween *cough*2004*cough*"</Fake Doug Lombardi>

Originally posted by Democritus
<Fake Doug Lombardi>I know we're just a few hours away from the release of the Half-Life 2 benchmark, and you're really excited. But, um, I like, looked into it, and it turns out that it won't be released until Halloween *cough*2004*cough*"</Fake Doug Lombardi>

For being such an asshole, you have to admit, Fragmaster does make a hilarious flash movie :cheers:

Originally posted by DaveKap
For being such an asshole, you have to admit, Fragmaster does make a hilarious flash movie :cheers:

The movie was great. I wonder if Lombardi flamed mr Fraggy. The movie REALLY made Lombardi look bad. Of course, Lombardi did get to blow Fragmaster's brains out during the thing, so maybe all is forgiven.

Well, obviously, nothing has happened yet and probably won't until the afternoon out West. That means it will be late in the evening for the East coast, UK, and Europe before we hear anything.

To again re-emphasise my point... I KNOW IT IS EARLY in US. :mad: My point is, will it still be held today? and will we see any more HL2? what is your opinion?

Hum.. What aout the show in munich that was supposed to be also @30th ??
"The European launch party will take place in Munich - not so exotic as Alcatraz -- but the place where ATI has its nice offices and as far as we know there will be no Paris and London based parallel events."
its 5h30 pm in germany :eek:

Yea it's still going down today. Wont start until 6PM West Coast time though.

I hope a group of marines comes, they arrest Doug, and then put him up for firing squad.

Why doesn't anyone call Alcatraz and ask if the event is going on today? It is now a tourist place so no doubt they have an office there.

I am in a place where I am unable to call so someone else...call!

Alcatraz Island number: 415-705-5555

Alcatraz Bookstore: 415-421-0300

The bookstore may be on the island...though it said its on a pier.

Who will call?

Originally posted by d8cam
Why doesn't anyone call Alcatraz and ask if the event is going on today? It is now a tourist place so no doubt they have an office there.

I am in a place where I am unable to call so someone else...call!

Alcatraz Island number: 415-705-5555

Alcatraz Bookstore: 415-421-0300

The bookstore may be on the island...though it said its on a pier.

Who will call?

wow it seems my logic stopped everyone and made them think for a few minutes because there have been no replies to this post for almost 10 mins...wow

logic....do it

Heh...that #...415-705-5555 don't get ya anywhere. It is some kinda tour service(just called). They ARE affiliated with Alcatraz tours, but when asked about the ATI event were clueless.

/me "I understand there is an ATI event scheduled for this afternoon...do you have any info regarding this?"

/them "uuuuuuum...(long pause)...nooo...I don't. I'm afraid you will have to go back to the source you got that from."

Hmmmm? Has Gabe gotten even to the tour operators? Conspiracy? lol

uhh i especially like the phrase "things have been quiet at "the rock" for the past 40 years - U N T I L N O W"....oooh i'm shivering :D

Looks like its quite probable - after all, that the prison level is going to be on alcatraz....maybe

you arent missing much says newell....

jeez louise! i wonder wants going to be shown.

Maybe Valve will get crazy and show the E3 videos in different resolutions! That would be soooo crazy! "Here is the Strider video in 640x800 in 16 bit colour... Here it is again in 1024x768 in 32bit colour... ok guys.. this is gonna be reeallly crazy.... so crazy it may not be legal.. here is the Strider video in 1200x1600 256 colours! ISN"T THAT CRAZZZYYYY??!??!?!"

if they do that im gonna take a flight to san francisco then get arrested for stowing away and not paying my flight ticket.

Originally posted by scribblehead
Looks like its quite probable - after all, that the prison level is going to be on alcatraz....maybe
Alactraz wasn't in Eastern Europe last time I checked.

Originally posted by alehm
Maybe Valve will get crazy and show the E3 videos in different resolutions! That would be soooo crazy! "Here is the Strider video in 640x800 in 16 bit colour... Here it is again in 1024x768 in 32bit colour... ok guys.. this is gonna be reeallly crazy.... so crazy it may not be legal.. here is the Strider video in 1200x1600 256 colours! ISN"T THAT CRAZZZYYYY??!??!?!"

Hi, my name is CRAZY TETHERBALL ARM MAN. I've got a tetherball growing out of my ARM! Isn't that craaaaaaaaaaaazy? Now GIVE ME SOME CANDY!

Originally posted by EG mouse
Alactraz wasn't in Eastern Europe last time I checked.

ummm no but its been mentioned many times on the boards that it might take place there....you and i still don't know where that level is based, so i might be wrong or right...

It's supposed to happen at 6pm PST, which is 9pm EST, which is 2am the next day for the UK.
Talk about an anti-climatic September 30th.

Originally posted by NoGodForMe
Talk about an anti-climatic September 30th.
What?!? There's no climate today? I heard that the ozone layer was getting thin, but ouch.

Originally posted by djkanuk
What?!? There's no climate today? I heard that the ozone layer was getting thin, but ouch.

Ah, the brave, the literate, the smarmy.

Gotta love it.

:cheers:

so no actual news on if this is still happening? guess the "jump to conclusions mat" is getting a healthy workout today

Back