Alien Swarm: Infested Media Release!

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
The moment a lot of us have been waiting for! The team working on Alien Swarm: Infested have released a few screenshots of their progress in this overhead tactical shooter modification.[br]You must guide yourself and your team through alien infested areas, insuring their safety is one thing, but it’s every man for themselves in this dog eat… Alien world. This modification will be free to all those that own Half-Life 2, but their will be a retail package that will have more maps, characters, missions, equipment and more. Being a co-op game, you want all the maps and missions you can get to please your appetite.
"Today we have some new screenshots from AS:I showing off the architecture and a concept shot of an IAF marine fending off a Swarm Drone…"
[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
[br]More concept artwork, screenshots and information can be found on Alien Swarm: Infested’s official website here.

Hehe yeah it looks really neat ;D Love the maps they look beautifull :D hehe its something about this that reminds me of starcraft ^^,

someone turn on the freakin lights ..if I was a space marine the very first thing I'd do when entering into an alien infested building would be to hit the damn light switch

looks really cool and more importantly fun

Check those corners.....check those corners...

No, the first thing you do when entering the alien infested area is to unload all your ammo because you might damage the primary heat exchanger. Duh

Those are some dark screenies. Looks like somebody made Doom 3 with the Source engine.

Yeah I thought it looked a bit like D3 too. But it still looks good haha. I'm confused though: Does the free version come with everything or only the package that will be in stores?

Yeah. Looks like doom 3 to me as well... Probably a little better though... With high quality textures...

omfg alien swarm, it looks soooo nice. :D

-dodo

Some nice textures ... looks amazing ... very detailed :)

Reminds me also of StarCraft or rather BroodWar ... especially the first two shots reminds me alot of the 2 or 3 indoor missions in any labaratory or somethin ... with all the Zergs, which have also some similarity to the alien in here.

this mod reminds me so much of Natural Selection.
hopefully it can give a similar gameplay to the 1.04 version of NS but yeah, definitely looking like a good mod so far :D

I think this game would have been a little more at home on the DOOM 3 engine. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

I still wanna see an ALIEN game on the DOOM 3 engine.

That does look nice.

Oh, and you put "you" in your article instead of "your."

yay its back!!!

I played alien swarm back when it was released for UT2004. If you have a good team it can be great! Just a hint tho. If it is going to be pretty much like the UT2004 version and have friendly fire then I would suggest using wildcat or wolfe cause they have auto target mini guns. Oh if you get infested and have no medic or medic packs then run away from your team mates ;) . Its sad that the UT2004 version kinda died. I cant wait till the new version is released. :monkee:

holy crap thats gonna be awsome!

i hope you can have a big co-op game where everyone controls one guy and once you die your dead for the round, or atleast have that as a playable game type (LMS Co-op).

This game looks rockin :afro:

It does look very nice indeed, a bit doom/quake-ey but otherwise good :)

A kinda mode from a game mode on AvP2 where 1 guy is an alien, kills someone else, they join him etc, hunt down the rest, would be pretty cool :thumbs:

its like a NS clone, i read in pc gamer and they gave THIS mod credit for starting the trend, i was like "wtf? h4x"!

Alien Swarm does not have the same gameplay as NS. One is a FPS/RTS, while the other is a top-down action strategy game.

Hmmm, they sound the same though when you say it like that.

In AS everyone has a top-down view.

In NS only the commander has a top-down view, the rest have the first-person perspective.

The gameplay's incredibly different.

I do like a good RTS, such as AOE or C&C, i really am wondering how this one will play out.

Back